[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2020.07 Early Access

9 hours ago, reevant said:

Well I spoke too soon.  It worked for about 30 minutes or so.  Then it froze, went belly up and now I cannot get a Vienna Smart Orchestra to work.  It might play a few bars the crashes Cakewalk big time.  It seem to actually lockup my pc for a minute or two.

@reevant if you send a dump file I can take a look and see where its hanging. Send me a download link.

2 hours ago, User 905133 said:

Oh--I am comfortable with the way Workspaces currently work and anticipate that the EA enhancements will not change my workflow.  I was just wondering about a minor enhancement to save a step (manual selection of a specific Workspace other than the previous one used on the previously loaded project).  Sometimes I use "None," sometimes I use the last Workspace I had loaded and just switch manually.  Not a problem for me.

More of an issue (but certainly not a showstopper!) is the lack of a file hierarchy for the Workspaces--so I can group (for example) Staff Entry Workspaces together, Two-Monitor Workspaces together, Oral History listening/markup/editing Workspaces together, etc. in folders.  Again, not a showstopper; just extra gravy on what I personally feel is one of Cakewalk's seemingly under-appreciated workflow feature.

Thanks for the suggestions.

BTW, I was very glad to see "The Apply Workspace on Project Load option is disabled by default." People who use custom Workspaces regularly should have no problem changing that option.  Conversely, not having it disabled by default would probably create confusion on the part of those who don't.  

Thanks for the feedback. You are certainly a workspaces power user :)
We had a lot of new users getting confused by workspace auto applying so defaulting to that being manual is less troublesome.
If you can send me some details on how you utilize workspaces it may help us down the road.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Stephen Ajewole said:

It's really cool that's you're adding new plugins. Would love to see more down the road! 

Are these the super antiquated Direct X Plugins that didn't even come with Sonar X3?    

(other than the Channel Tools, which is cool for those that don't have them).

• Haha 1

Dear Cakewalk,

Thank you for the opportunity! Right off the bat, the console view with floating screens is fixed from the previous version. All settings and strips settings are recalled as they should. I'm digging in now with some beefy projects and will gladly report any other findings on my end. So far so good. 

Most Respectfully,

-Michael Heavner

Edited by Michael Heavner

Excellent! There are going to be some happy Cakewalk users;-) Having said, Waves Studio Rack is still causing Cakewalk to crash immediately after a file/song has opened. I know this is a Waves issue and not Cakewalk, I mention it only as a heads-up for other users. I wonder if anyone else is having the same issue with the Waves Studio Rack? All of my other Waves plugins cause no issues.

Many thanks again Cakewalk Team!

• Dell Precision
  • 1 TB Solid State M.2 Hard Drive
  • 8 Core  i9-9900k CPU 3.60GHz
  • Ram 128 GB
  • Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
  • Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
  • MOTU micro express

Fatal error.JPG

On 7/24/2020 at 10:16 AM, msmcleod said:

Key binding work by binding to the key, not the character it produces.

For example, on a UK keyboard the \| key (between SHIFT and Z ) also works for toggling volume automation, and SHIFT + \| works for toggling clip gain automation.

So you may find another key might work on a Swedish Keyboard.

That being said, you can always rebind to something else.

I cannot find the new key binding!

If I click the "Locate Key" and then the key that is the '=' on the US keyboard (the 2nd right to the zero) nothing happens, but I can click other keys (except those 2 left to the zero). Thus I tried to find the keybinding manually, but could only find "Toggle Track/Clip Gain in the Edit Filter" and I think this is not the new key binding, or is it?

2 hours ago, marled said:

I cannot find the new key binding!

If I click the "Locate Key" and then the key that is the '=' on the US keyboard (the 2nd right to the zero) nothing happens, but I can click other keys (except those 2 left to the zero). Thus I tried to find the keybinding manually, but could only find "Toggle Track/Clip Gain in the Edit Filter" and I think this is not the new key binding, or is it?

image.png.e91d13487e512a4c00d3bac7234dad99.png

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, scook said:

These plug-ins were bundled with every version of SONAR starting with 8.5 through to Platinum (including X3). They were first bundled with Project 5.

Are thy exactly the same, or have they been updated somehow? I already had them.

Plugins are the same ones that were bundled with SONAR at this point. The main reason for inclusion was that they are used in FXchains so the fact that they have dated UI is secondary. At some point we may update them but they perform well and sound good. With FXChains you can re-skin them to your taste. 

• Like 8

On 7/24/2020 at 5:42 AM, msmcleod said:

This is dependent on the control surface you're using.

Mackie compatible control surfaces already do this if you're using Cakewalk's MackieControl surface plugin.

The ACT control surfaces and Generic Control Surfaces are one way - i.e. they only receive data, so there's no way of doing that with these.

I have the same problem with Behringer X-Touch One. 

When I using buit-in Mackie Control Plugin and function "Select Highligts Track" it works only for selected bank, but when I select track not in 8-track MCU bank, I need to change bank first.

With Behringer X-Touch One that have only one fader it's so uncomfortable to change bank regularly, so the function that automatically changes MCU bank when I select any track would be so cool for me.

19 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Are these the super antiquated Direct X Plugins that didn't even come with Sonar X3?    

(other than the Channel Tools, which is cool for those that don't have them).

😂 Lol, I thought they looked extremely dated. I didn't want to say because I thought it would be rude 😂 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Stephen Ajewole said:

😂 Lol, I thought they looked extremely dated. I didn't want to say because I thought it would be rude 😂 

My  question probably was a little on the rude side, (rest of the updates here are fantastic).   I raised the question because  I've been a Sonar/Cakewalk  user for a long time and frankly never used or realized I already had these - I bought lifetime updates  so I have a larger tool-set than someone downloading  Cakewalk by Bandlab as a new user would.  

Not sure these are a major value add other than Noel's comment about the fact they are used by some fx-chain presets.     

Some of the other Cakewalk developed plugins are top tier (Adaptive Limiter, Multi-Band Comp, Linear EQ, CA-2A) wondering if they will see a release at some point for others as well.   

• Thanks 1