She was a sweetheart

InstrEd

She was with the family a long time. Almost 19 years. She was a very petite kitty but very protective of the family.  She would let me pick her up anytime and curl up in my arms.  In her later years she would just want to stay by the back windows and look outside.

She reminds me of Joe.  Joe used to love to run part way up a tree and then turn around to look at you like he was saying  "check this out, man. Cool, huh?"

He stayed right beside me the whole time I was laid up in bed for two weeks terribly sick, getting up only to eat or use the litter box.  I was Joe's official person.

He ended up dying of some condition that messed up his intestines so they wouldn't digest food. Poor guy.

Thanks all. I just was going through some of the old pictures and scanning some in. That one just touched me how she would just want to be outside. She never went far. She was funny that way. The second kitty that found its way into the house was all me. I found her on the next block just laying on the sidewalk. Took her home and fed her but left her outside. Rang doorbells but nobody said she was theirs. So a week later she was  my baby.  Frisky would always be by my side when in the house. Frisky  also wanted to go outside and she would investigate the neighborhood for the first couple years of her life. Then she was done and would take the front porch while Snowball took the backyard. Frisky was with me for almost 20 years and we had a set routine at night time. She would knock the comb off the night stand and look at me.  Hey silly its time for my brushing. Funny how you end up loving these little creatures . 

Im lokking into getting a cat when mooving. Landlord wont let me now. They still build the new apartments and I am able look at it April 3. And loving in Mai/Jun. It is 3rd flore so I plan on getting a Savannah cat that is trained to walk with wire... The largest are not alowed in Norway tho, will tru to get a retired breading male savannah cat.  

Your cats look lovely... 

And sad when they leave...

Yep Frisky ended up being my little buddy.  She would come out of nowhere to greet me when I came home. She was the most gentle cat I have known. I don't think she ever took out her claws at anyone.  All my friends thought I most of drugged her because she was always so sweet.  I'm glad I took her in and gave her a home.  I will always remember Frisky. Snowball too.  Now years latter, my family has two cats and a dog. I can't imagine living without a four legged animal.

On 2/22/2019 at 1:14 AM, InstrEd said:

She was with the family a long time. Almost 19 years. She was a very petite kitty but very protective of the family.  She would let me pick her up anytime and curl up in my arms.  In her later years she would just want to stay by the back windows and look outside.

So sad to hear.

These are our 2 kids. They’re 2.5 year old sisters. Couldn’t imagine life without them. 

64B81542-33BA-47CB-8DA1-528F95FD1B83.jpeg

Edited by MUDGEL
  • Like 1

20150215_115349.jpg

Once I move to a place where I can have pets, I'm definitely looking at getting a couple of cats and/or a couple of dogs (Boston Terriers like Corbin above - my ex-roommate's dog, but my little buddy!😉). Yes, a couple.  Most of the time, when people complain about problem animals, it's usually because they only have one which has to stay home alone when they're gone (sure, some bad training can contribute too).   When they have at least one friend to hang out with they are FAR more unlikely to go manic and start doing bad things (good training should prevent the "group trouble" stuff - LOL).  Of course, the breed can also make a huge difference.  Bostons LOVE people so leaving them by themselves is almost punishment.

• Like 1

Growing up our neighbors had a Boston Terrier and the dog  definitely loved to be around people. One time the owners were out and somehow he got into the refrigerator pulled out the dozen eggs opened it and had the unbroken eggs lined up in a row on the kitchen floor. I wouldn't of believed it if I didn't see it myself.  I was helping them bring in supplies that they went shopping for.

Maddie, our Multipoo , has to be on top of one of us most of the time.  My wife had to give up using her laptop on the sofa. Maddie just pushes it away so she can lay on my wife's lap. 

24 minutes ago, MUDGEL said:

This thread goes to show that the hard core rocker stereotype is not well placed at all.

We’re  really a great big gooey bunch of marshmallows. 

that’s very true.

i have 2 dogs, three cats, 5 horses and a wife!

I am willing to trade the wife for another dog.

check this out and see if you have the same problem.

Lock wife and dog in the boot of your car for an hour so.

Which one is pleased to see you when you open the boot???

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, garybrun said:

that’s very true.

i have 2 dogs, three cats, 5 horses and a wife!

I am willing to trade the wife for another dog.

check this out and see if you have the same problem.

Lock wife and dog in the boot of your car for an hour so.

Which one is pleased to see you when you open the boot???

Ouch. If I locked my wife in the boot of the car I wouldn't be around afterwards😉
but you are right the dog would happy to see me 😄