Sorry, yet another install question. Stuck extracting

Anthony Giorgianni

Question

Hello All

I know there have been lots of questions about install issues. But I'm at a loss on trying to install Cakewalk on either of TWO Windows 10 Pro computers (Thinkpad W530s) . What happens is Cakewalk begins to install  and gets about 1/4 the way and hangs on extracting files. It is exactly the same on BOTH computers.  (I have left both going all night! Stalled!)

1) Both computers have different anti-virus, though I've disabled both AVs

2) I have run BandLab assistant as an admin on both computers

3) I have cleared out the %Temp% files on both computers

4) I have checked to make sure there are no hidden permissions that either computer is requesting

5) I have tried installing in Safe Mode (BandLab Assistant will not run in safe mode in either computer)

6) I have tried installing with all add-ons and again with no add-ons.

Any other thoughts before I figure it's just my bad luck and give up :O(

Many thanks.

Anthony Giorgianni

5 answers to this question

Thanks Promidi!

I actually got it. I left both computers running again all night and CW finally installed on both sometime  during the dead of night. I think the problem oddly is with the Windows InstallShield, which freezes on both machines, sometimes for more than an hour after suddenly then just continuing. It did the same thing last evening when I tried to install the Melodyne add-in. Took hours but finally took. Odd that it's the same on both machines!

Thanks again.

Hi Anthony.

I hope this is the right place.  When trying to run Bandlab it stops at "select the add ons you would like to install".  

I don't know if it shows up well on the screen shot.  But there are green boxes with check marks on 

"Studio Instrument Suite" "Drum Replacer" "Melodyne" and "Theme Editor".   You said it took a long time for something to happen is that true? 

image_2021-04-24_143449.png

On 7/22/2020 at 4:57 PM, Anthony Giorgianni said:

Any other thoughts before I figure it's just my bad luck and give up

I'm glad it sorted itself out, but it strikes me that you tried 5 different things and were on the verge of giving up without having contacted Cakewalk by BandLab support to see if they had a solution in their database.

From time to time I see similar "I've tried everything to get CbB to install and I'm just going to give up" posts where the person having the distress hasn't contacted support. Is it because the program has a free license and people think that therefore there is no support? There is official free support and by all reports they are helpful and attentive.