Band In A Box 2018

cclarry

32 minutes ago, John Maar said:

This is a TERRIBLE deal. $59 + $79 to upgrade to BiaB 2020 Pro. That's $138 total. You can buy a license for BiaB 2020 Pro on the PG Music site for $129. And that's full price. You can do better waiting for a sale.

Depends on what you are looking for in a deal.

Not everyone cares about the latest version.  What does 2020 offer that 2018 doesn't that is worth over twice the price?  

Even at a typical sale price of $99 that is still a decent discount if 2020 doesn't have major feature improvements.  

Do they not also have deals on upgrades from time to time?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Depends on what you are looking for in a deal.

Not everyone cares about the latest version.  What does 2020 offer that 2018 doesn't that is worth over twice the price?  

Even at a typical sale price of $99 that is still a decent discount if 2020 doesn't have major feature improvements.  

Do they not also have deals on upgrades from time to time?

Yes, upgrades also go on sale. Around Black Friday. Occasionally at other times. That's how I worked it. Bought Pro. Upgraded to Mega. Then upgraded to Ultra. Then all of the add-on packs.

One of the biggest new features is the VST version of BiaB (regularly updated). Also, BiaB was updated to a 64-bit app. Note that Real Band 2020 is still 32-bit. I don't use it, and will probably uninstall it at some point.

Here's a video on the initial release of the BiaB VST in 2019. There have been major improvements since then.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John Maar said:

Yes, upgrades also go on sale. Around Black Friday. Occasionally at other times. That's how I worked it. Bought Pro. Upgraded to Mega. Then upgraded to Ultra. Then all of the add-on packs.

One of the biggest new features is the VST version of BiaB (regularly updated). Also, BiaB was updated to a 64-bit app. Note that Real Band 2020 is still 32-bit. I don't use it, and will probably uninstall it at some point.

Here's a video on the initial release of the BiaB VST in 2019. There have been major improvements since then.

That is impressive.  I'll have to do some digging on this.  Curious how much variation you get one one style trying to create different songs and progressions, or if they all just end up sounding a bit too similar without having to select a different style, etc.  

Certainly liked the demo there, and can see the major value in having it as a VST for a more idealized workflow.  

8 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Curious how much variation you get one one style trying to create different songs and progressions, or if they all just end up sounding a bit too similar without having to select a different style, etc.  

How they sound is entirely up to you. They could all sound similar, if you don't put much work into it. But the power to make them sound they way you would like (inspiring) is up to you. It's very powerful software and to get the most out of it requires the user to become familiar with the features that are under the hood.

Yes you can just type in a progression, change styles, and be happy. But it can really do so much more.

Others mentioned 2020 Band-in-a-Box is available as a 64 bit program and a plugin is available for use inside a DAW.  More features a 2018 user might find significant are:  multi-riffs available inside Band-in-a-Box, a new version of the Elastique Pro time and pitch stretching software and user select able one to four voice automatic audio harmonies are available and based on passing tones,

• Like 1