New Plugin by Tritik - IRID

mibby

4 hours ago, emeraldsoul said:

Cheaper and easier than Adaptiverb. Perhaps not as clean and pristine, though.

I have both, of course... chalk and cheese...

I also have Black hole too.

And this morning I bagged the free Supermassive.

All have their party trick in my opinion.

• Like 1

This does the same thing as Shimmer, but takes the idea a bit further, e.g. the ability to shift pitch by a musical interval.

If you already have Shimmer, this would be somewhat redundant given how seldom most people actually use such beautiful but potentially mix-destroying effects. But if you don't currently have Shimmer or similar effect in your kit, this one will do a fine job - and is currently the least-expensive in its class.

Gonna pass because you already have plenty of versatile reverbs? I felt that way about delays, too, until I tried tritik's delay. Now it's my first-call delay plugin.

• Great Idea 2

43 minutes ago, bitflipper said:

This does the same thing as Shimmer, but takes the idea a bit further, e.g. the ability to shift pitch by a musical interval.

If you already have Shimmer, this would be somewhat redundant given how seldom most people actually use such beautiful but potentially mix-destroying effects. But if you don't currently have Shimmer or similar effect in your kit, this one will do a fine job - and is currently the least-expensive in its class.

Gonna pass because you already have plenty of versatile reverbs? I felt that way about delays, too, until I tried tritik's delay. Now it's my first-call delay plugin.

XenoVerb is also just under $30

1 hour ago, scook said:

A journey down memory lane...yes, Charles did build an XP-compatible version, I tested it for him and became a fan in the process. I still like Imperial Delay, though, as well as Timeless 2 and even the good ol' Sonitus. But it'll always be the tritik delay that gets first crack at a track. Kudos to Clint for turning me onto it.

Sorry to the OP for taking the thread off track. But there are parallels, I think. The main difference is that everybody needs a delay, everybody needs a conventional algorithmic reverb, but nobody needs an infinite-feedback reverb due to its limited applications.

41 minutes ago, bitflipper said:

Sorry to the OP for taking the thread off track.

No worries. I almost tagged you in the post because I remember you being a big fan of their delay.  Interesting old threads too - thanks for digging those up @scook