Problems with Eq and pro channel (inspector side)

After the last update i noticed that the Eq would give an error message when engaged either in the normal eq section in the left pane or in the pro channel (nothing works there).

Error message The following plugin failed to load C program Files (x86) cakewalk/shared files etc etc

Thanks in advance

Would anybody here have an answer for this issue?

error message EQ cbbl.GIF

By default the 64bit GlossEQ bundled with CbB is installed in C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities\Internal

It seems very odd that the error message shows a 32bit path.

I have never seen 64bit SONAR or CbB use a 32bit path for anything. Even the 32bit plug-ins bundled with SONAR were installed in "Program Files" and not "Program Files (x86)" unless the 32bit version of SONAR was installed first. Even then, the 64bit PC modules always went in "Program Files".

I am not sure the update contains GlossEQ. Even if it did, it would use the 64bit folder.

A good place to start is support@cakewalk.com

The error message makes no sense if CbB was installed taking all defaults and no versions of SONAR were install before or after CbB.

If the plug-ins are in the default locations then

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\VSTInternalPath

in the registry should be set to

C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities\Internal

This path should contain PCS-GlossEQM.dll among others.

The default scan path in preferences is shown in the image from the link

Dialogs2.064.1.png

If defaults were taken during install consider restoring the default scan path, enable "Generate Scan Log" then click the "Reset..." button.

This will rebuild the VST Inventory in the registry using the scan path entries in preferences and the VSTInternalPath from the registry.

If this runs successfully, verify the PC modules load and add back any custom scan path entries then run a Scan.

The scan logs may help with any problems encountered during Reset and Scan operations.