Posted (edited)

Join Up! Dial in on the frequency with MIL-SPEC-ALPHA: a Flat, light theme with boot polish and color coding.

Tasting notes:

• Manila folders;
  • military grey;
  • khaki green;
  • graph paper;
  • a touch of brass.

Preview (click to expand):

MIL-SPEC-ALPHA_Preview.PNG

Download MIL-SPEC-ALPHA.zip

Edited by Colin Nicholls
Released version
  • Like 2

Great theme! Definitely going to be adding it my collection of themes. I know are still working on it, but here is a quick suggestion:

Is it possible to make the media/plugin browser the same color as the background of the clips pane (and the Help Module) ? I think it would just make everything fit together more nicely. That is actually the only suggestion I have, to be honest. Great work, Colin!

image.thumb.png.d020685b757143601fb6b718fb9a6ace.png

I just uploaded a refreshed ZIP with some last minutes changes (meter colors and something else minor I can't recall exactly).

Hi @Caleb Kim, If you mean the black background behind the folder tree and help text, I don't actually think that color can be adjusted. The Notes browser will let you change the background but it is a coarse adjustment and it can throw other things out of harmony. Also, it would then not match the Media/Plugin browser. So that does make it tough to adjust.

That makes sense. A lot of themes I have seen always have the same color for the background of the media browser.

Release version is available. Changes since beta:

• Clip Pane background colors are now "graph paper"
  • Control Bar Mix Module - slightly lighter borders on buttons (subtle but less distracting)
  • Step Sequencer and Matrix View

Thanks for this theme... it will probably be my default theme going forward. I havent seen anything like this one.

If it is not much trouble with you, would experiment with a bit darker greys, please... 

Thanks

3 hours ago, puddy said:

Thanks for this theme... it will probably be my default theme going forward. I havent seen anything like this one.

If it is not much trouble with you, would you be able to experiment with a bit darker greys, please... 

Thanks

What I' trying to say is, leaving the color scheme as is but reduce overall brightness of the theme... (I'm getting a closer effect when I'm reducing the brightness of my Laptop screen)

Many thanks

Don't you hate it when theme authors keep uploading revisions to their themes? In quick succession? If so, you won't be happy to hear that I've refreshed the ZIP with the latest version of the theme.

Changes:

• Green Zone +/- 3db on the console view fader scale
  • "Limbo" state Control Bar buttons are now pale grey for a nice peaceful "I haven't opened a project yet" view.

Hi @puddy, I'm glad you're enjoying the theme. I understood about reducing the theme brightness by universally pulling down the gamma on all theme elements... I just wanted to let you know that, although I have no intention of doing that (because I like the theme the way it is in terms of grey balance), you have my permission to take the theme elements and modify them however you wish.