AKAI MPC Beats for Free

Wibbles

On 8/8/2020 at 7:33 PM, Xel Ohh said:

Has anyone tried the MPC Beats in the 2020.08?

Wanted to know if that bug was fixed before I download the 2020.08 or if anyone can point to the thread where this is being discussed further. Thanks

@Xel Ohh There is another way around this.

Create your patterns and tracks in MPC BEATS. THEN export the individual stems out as WAVs and load them into Cakewalk to arrange and master etc ...

To do this - particularly for DRUM LINES you need to select all the drum track individual parts, then go to edit menu, Track and EXPLODE. This puts each drum part into its own track.

CLEAR the original drum track ( before that MUTE it and make sure the other tracks played together are your drum track ).

Next go to FILE, EXPORT, as audio mixdown. Set audio Tail to ZERO and tick EXPLODE TRACKS. Set the Format, Depth and rate as you like and click EXPORT. Dump them to a folder of your choice.

Now open CW and import that lot in and you are good to go to arrange and master and add further to if you wish ..

( Take note of the BPM in MPC Beats too, set it the same in CW )

BTW .. I also spotted elsewhere IF YOU HAVE AKAI VIP ( comes with the MPK Keyboards etc ), you can load that as a plugin in CW and then inside that load BEATS and it apparently doesnt crash. Have not tried it though .. 

Edited by aidan o driscoll
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

BTW .. I also spotted elsewhere IF YOU HAVE AKAI VIP ( comes with the MPK Keyboards etc ), you can load that as a plugin in CW and then inside that load BEATS and it apparently doesnt crash. Have not tried it though .. 

I tried that. VIP fails to load MPC Beats.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hillmy said:

I tried that. VIP fails to load MPC Beats.

Ah well ... worth a try I suppose. It was someone replying to a CW vid review thing on Youtube .. said they had succeeded.

You saved me the trouble :D

You should have a go off the stems idea I posted above also and into CW. I see lots of possibilities with that.

Also that vid I just posted about BEATS built in sampler, well worth a look .. again inspiring for ideas

• Like 1

Back by popular demand, we're excited to offer 50% off on instrument and drum sample packs. Use coupon "MPCSAVE"

Show your sound library some love and add some must-have classics like OVXO, Definitive 90s, Dark Parallax and more.

ALL PACKS ALSO WORK IN FREEE MPC BEATS SOFTWARE!

https://mpcsoftware.akaipro.com/

Edited by aidan o driscoll
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

I might also add .. having watched Ave McRee's vid tute below I can see that MPC BEATS could be the missing sampler inside CW?

It could be but its not user friendly at all It has a steep learning curve for people to grasp... Thats the same reason I dont really use the tx16w the learning curve is steep... And would take 2 or 3 videos just to explain all the buttons ...lol...

I will be sticking with serato sample and komplete Kontrol at this time.. Maybe even the matrix in Cakewalk... It just needs al little more development... And could be so much better..

@aidan o driscoll have you tried Serato Studio.. Its free and has a better work flow than the mpc to me... Let me know what you think about it if you have..🤔

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Xel Ohh said:

It could be but its not user friendly at all It has a steep learning curve for people to grasp... Thats the same reason I dont really use the tx16w the learning curve is steep... And would take 2 or 3 videos just to explain all the buttons ...lol...

I will be sticking with serato sample and komplete Kontrol at this time.. Maybe even the matrix in Cakewalk... It just needs al little more development... And could be so much better..

@aidan o driscoll have you tried Serato Studio.. Its free and has a better work flow than the mpc to me... Let me know what you think about it if you have..🤔

@Xel Ohh Re Serato Studio .. I will get around to it,Im neck deep in noodling with MPC Beats and CW at the mo :D .. will let you know when i get around to it tho.

Re sampler in Beats, I actually find it good so far, not too complicated. Use as much or as little as one needs I suppose.

Did you go the route of export stems out of Beats to CW as I described above ( the explode feature and all that )  .. I think its a good compromise around the Beats crashes in CW at the mo

• 2 months later...