AKAI MPC Beats for Free

Wibbles

I got my links about 24 hours after applying.
Haven't installed it yet but it looks like a light version of the full MPC software v2 (which I have installed).
Basically it's similar (but not quite the same) as NI's Maschine.

Edited by Cristian

22 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

when i played with it, the MPC software was more advanced and more feature rich than Maschine.

That a big statement ...can we have per step modulation like in gehist or motu bpm ...?

17 hours ago, TheSteven said:

So... 

Has anyone installed this and if so what are your opinions?

Having recently got a new computer, I've decided that the only way to keep it running smoothly is not to install any software. None whatsoever.

It's the only way.🤪

• Haha 4

17 hours ago, Zo said:

That a big statement ...can we have per step modulation like in gehist or motu bpm ...?

i am a big maschine user. but the Akai software tends to get a little more towards a DAW than Maschine. it seemed to have features many Maschine useres have been complaining about lacking in Maschine. we shall see what 2021 brings. Rumors are abound that NI are turning Maschine into more of a DAW

Edited by telecode 101

35 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

What can this AKAI beats do that Cakewalk or similar cannot? Its effectively another DAW? 

I will grant you this .. obviously it integrates very well with may MPC Mini 2.

Actually THIS Video pretty much answers my Qs above

One Q remains though. It says making a house track BUT it seems to be similar to Fruity Loops and here he just creates a pattern looped. Does not explain about going on to making a WHOLE track

Sort of answered here :D

I was looking for a SONG MODE ( similar to Fruity and Reason )

Edited by aidan o driscoll

Guy'z , is there a serial or some or i can install it anywhere for son for exemple (basically do i need to get a link from his email and create him an account , or all free version are free of serial and same download link ?)

Thks

I see over at CAKEWALK for Bandlab Group on Facebook people having difficulty with MPC Beats in CW as a plugin:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/333570523387557/

Posted by Jon Piro: "Does anyone use MPC Beats with Cakewalk? I just can`t make it load kits. It hangs forever and i have to force it to quit which crushes the daw, of course..."

A response: "Same issue here.. I can get it to pull up but cant load anything.. It does work stand alone and in my FL and Reaper.. But cakewalk freezes then crashes.. I even loaded the 2020.7 version that just released same issue.."

2 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

OK Im going to say it .. this thing is the

DOGS PROVERBIALs :D

that thing almost made me go out and buy a MPC Live and dump Maschine. it was damn good and easy to use. need to find time to try this new  version.

Edited by telecode 101