Playback latency

Yiz

Question

Im new, I dont really think its much of a problem or if it is a problem at all but Playback has alot of latency like it takes 2 secs for my tracks to play and sometimes it just doesnt play at all. Help?

6 answers to this question

Can you give us more information.  Version of Cakewalk (numerically, don't just say "the latest")?  Version and build number of Windows?

What driver mode are you using (ASIO is preferred)?  What is your buffer size (preferences | Audio | Driver settings)

Are you using any linear phase effects (Therefore uses look-ahead)?

Can you switch off all effects (FX in the Mix module) to see of the latency disappears?

1 hour ago, Promidi said:

Can you give us more information.  Version of Cakewalk (numerically, don't just say "the latest")?  Version and build number of Windows?

What driver mode are you using (ASIO is preferred)?  What is your buffer size (preferences | Audio | Driver settings)

Are you using any linear phase effects (Therefore uses look-ahead)?

Can you switch off all effects (FX in the Mix module) to see of the latency disappears?

Okay

1(a): 2020.05

1(b): Windows 10

2(a): WASAPI Shared

(I tried using ASIO but no audio comes out, perhaps you could also help me with that too?, no pressure tho)

2(b): I dunno how to answer it in words so here is a pic

20200721_195722.jpg

What are you recording and how are you getting the signal into Cakewalk?

I've generally found WASAPI to lag when I use it whereas ASIO does not, so I'm curious how your setup necessitates its use.

It sounds like you are saying there is a delay of a couple of seconds before your project begins to play, but after that everything is normal. Are you sure the recorded project (MIDI? audio?) starts at the beginning and that there is not a rest or unrecorded leading space?