Is there a wave editor on this DAW?

It is not possible to redraw a waveform by hand in CbB.

It is possible to integrate any program including free and commercial audio editors into CbB and send data between the program and CbB as long as the program accepts a wave file as a command line argument.

I created a free program to make the process of adding programs to the CbB Utility menu a little easier. It is called Tools Editor and is available on my Google page along with other CbB related software.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scook said:

Here is Sound Forge Pro 12 using the pencil tool to redraw a sine wave into a more complex wave

I've had Sound Forge since before SoFo sold it to SONY and never knew about this feature [pencil/draw].  I used it as a waveform/file clean-up/editing/processing tool.  Just checked Soundblast version 7  and Audiostudio version 14 [i.e., non-pro versions] and it works!!! 

Edited by User 905133

I have Sound Forge and use the pencil drawing to remove clicks from other studios. (especially prior to R x 7) My Roland S-50 from 1987 actually has a digitizer tablet with pen that I used for drawing either the waveform or the envelopes.  Once I created a feedback loop dialed into a sub frequency, sampled it, then drew a squigly attack onto the front of it and it became one of my favorite rap drum samples.. Also the 3.5 floppy disks would occaisionally glitch (due to getting close to a magnetic source perhaps) and I would redraw the glitch out just following what the curve should've looked like.

Another fun trick was to have girls over, get them to write their name into digitizer tablet in an effort to hear what their hand writing sounded like.  Anything to impress a chick right? (sampling curse words, playing them in reverse, mimicking the reverse curse word, sampling that, reverse that and hear the difference in the original curse word.... somewhat alien or foreign) Ah the good ole days! 😄

• Like 1

I have been using Sound Forge since the mid 90's (94?). I can't imagine my professional life without it. I use it to acidize wavs, used to use it for tuning before Melodyne, pitch shifting, time shifting, checking stats, master check and so many other things. Used Scooks tool years ago to get it inside the Utility folder of Cakewalk. 

• Like 1