Cakewalk "Triangle"

Hey guys. 

I'm sure many of you remember that several years ago, BandLab (in the Gibson days) made a free vst plugin called Triangle. Ever since BandLab bought it over, however, it isn't available on their site anymore. (the page still exists, not the download) 

I wanted to try and help some of you out and say, I found an archived version of the Triangle page on the Cakewalk site on Archive.org, complete with the original exe download. Here is the link: https://web.archive.org/web/20130120035546/http://www.cakewalk.com/products/triangle/

Just click the link and then click "download it today". 

I was very surprised at how powerful this instrument is, and I'd totally recommend it! Hope this helps anyone. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Great Idea 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2020 at 12:35 AM, Magic Russ said:

Yeah there's even a DXi Version.  It's not all that remarkable by today's standards, but when it came out it was easily one of the best free synths out there.

Oh yeah, definitely. Seems like a lot of people are using Serum and such now. May not totally measure up to today's synths, but for something free it's definitely pretty good and adds some spice to electronic tracks! 

Although also 32b , the all famous Synth1 is my preference (I have both Triangle and Synth1) due to :

• It dopes not sound as rich, but its absolute ease at creating patches from scratch is a bug bonus. Triangle is really not so easy for me.
  • Its Multiphonic!
  • literally TENS OF THOUSANDS of readily available patches (its based on a very popular hardware synth)
  • It has some very analogue type features such as built in Arpegiator
  • Its so light weight, you can double up (or more) on instances (playing different patches) to give it a huge sound, approaching triangle's sound

I actually bought Pentagon which is the BIG multiphonic brother of Triangle. It sounds HUGE, but again, is harder to program (at least for me, its a wall of tens of identical looking dials). It was a paid for app back in the day, so I guess it would be hard to get a copy today.  There are a number of demo vids on youtube.

I also have Triangle and Pentagon (and Synth1), and I have only used Triangle once for a monophonic super-saw type patch.