Need a new audio Interface. Any one uses Solid State Logic SSL 2 and 2+ with Cakewalk

Nuno.P

Hi,

My M-audio C600 is dying and i need a new interface.

Any one uses Solid State Logic SSL 2 and 2+ with Cakewalk?

2 Imputs are enough for me as long as the pre amp is good as the convertors.

ADAT would be great but i can live without it!

Hi Bapu, 

Babyface current version is RME Babyface Pro FS and it´s way more expensive rhan SSL 2+

I guess SSL 2 will give me a huge improve over M-audio C600 and M-Audio Projetmix. 

Sometimes i need more imputs but i guess i can live with just two!

I do prefer at this moment better quality with less imputs. But i need two headphones output and Midi.

I guess SSL 2 only lacks ADAT.

I wonder if they are working in a more complete model.

48 minutes ago, Nuno.P said:

Hi Bapu, 

Babyface current version is RME Babyface Pro FS and it´s way more expensive rhan SSL 2+

I guess SSL 2 will give me a huge improve over M-audio C600 and M-Audio Projetmix. 

Sometimes i need more imputs but i guess i can live with just two!

I do prefer at this moment better quality with less imputs. But i need two headphones output and Midi.

I guess SSL 2 only lacks ADAT.

I wonder if they are working in a more complete model.

My apologies. I was looking at current used prices on ebay, not new price.

I'll get me coat.

3 hours ago, Michael Vogel said:

Man I remember getting yo 20,00 posts in the old forum. Barely a few hundred these days. 

Now Mike with your new heart you have no excuse but to start posting more here in the House :)

Hope you are doing well. 

I love my SSL2 with cakewalk. I push the 4k Button for guitar and bass and cuts through the mix nice but I hate the button on vocals.  Just my 2 cents. Oh and everything  sounds a bit different through it on headphones. I was using an AudioBox iTwo before and there is a difference. I used the iTwo for many years but it was time for a change.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2020 at 4:06 AM, InstrEd said:

Now Mike with your new heart you have no excuse but to start posting more here in the House :)

Hope you are doing well. 

No new ticker, just replumbed  But yes I’m much more betterer this year than last. Thanks for asking. Man I made a mess of that post. I should go back and edit it.