MIDI Device help (Solved)

Max Arwood

Cakewalk midi setup file trashed.

I have a MOTU midi express 128.  It has worked great for years.  About a month ago all my midi inputs and outputs vanished in Cakewalk.  They still show up in Midi-OX, Samplitude, and Vegas, and Reaper.

image.png.5255e0f99f8fe2f610bf239695b5f2ed.png

image.png.5e696a8d746dcb6bec29b4b8834ebba8.png

Midi-OX reads these and is correct

image.png.c1c40762360217478bc299d7ab9a681a.png

and  Samplitude reads this - 

image.png.5d520f55fb43050a1d7ab43953a0a537.png

Years ago I named the ports. like Port 1 _TD8 etc- Port 2 K2500  But I don't know which port is which??? How can this be restored?

Thanks for any help,

Max Arwood

Edited by Max Arwood

A few tips:

- Try switching to a different USB port.

- If there are dedicated drivers, do a reinstall.

- The "Nuclear Option":  I haven't seen this issue in a while, but on occasion USB devices would stop working and the only fix was clearing out USB traces from the registry with a utility like USB Oblivion.   Then re-attach the USB device and have it "recognized" by Windows again.  Of course after doing this you'll need to reinstall all of your USB devices.

Edited by JonD
  • Like 1

The ports read correctly everywhere but Cakewalk.  The midi device shows correctly  in all other daws and shown on Midi-OX screen and Samplitude screen captures as correct.  

I have reinstalled the drivers, moved ports and even sent MOTU to the shop to check.  I think it is a corrupted branch of the registry where Cakewalk stores the midi info.  I have older backups I could copy that branch from, but I don't know where it is located.

Thanks,

Max Arwood

13 minutes ago, Max Arwood said:

I think it is a corrupted branch of the registry where Cakewalk stores the midi info.

Cakewalk stores MIDI info in TTSSEQ.ini in the user directory

Rename or remove the file at it is rebuilt just like Aud.ini

9 hours ago, User 905133 said:

Long shot, but easy to check just in case: Did your MIDI Driver Mode change (MME v. UWP)? I had something similar with nanoKontrols not being seen in Cakewalk after I had switched to UWP.  Hope your solution is that simple to fix. 

This ^^^

• Like 1