Slightly harder stuff: Forever is a long time ...

Harry C.

Man this track is awesome! The recording reminds me of the 70's (best decade for music!) very dry and punchy. The beginning of the video references 1978 so I guess this is what you were going for. I really like the variety of parts and tempos. The bass tone is great! The only thing I did notice was that the intro sounded big and wide played at half speed with stereo guitars and lead in the middle, but once the verse started at full speed the stereo width collapsed a bit. It sounds like the stereo guitars are brought in tighter or something.  Later in the song the half speed part comes again and again it sounds wide. I think I would have preferred the wide guitars during the song as well. Some people might prefer more reverb and depth but for me personally I like the dry raw sound of this. Great tune! Great job on the mix!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tonemangler said:

The bass tone is great!

👍

I like the dry raw sound of this

The raw, yeah, but that dry kick sounds like its in a totally different room; maybe its just me...

19 hours ago, garybrun said:

Brilliant track and good video

Man this track is awesome!

ditto

t

• Like 1

@tonemangler:  I agree.

On 7/18/2020 at 6:15 AM, tonemangler said:

The recording reminds me of the 70's (best decade for music!)

Thank you for listening.

@DeeringAmps: Thank you for taking time to listen. The kick has no extra treatment than the rest of the drum kit.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Harry C. said:

@ABull: Thanks Allan for listening and I'm glad that you like the guitar tone.

@Leadfoot: I am already looking forward to the next project 🎸 -if you want buddy- 🙂

I'm up for it. Just let me know!

• Like 1

I was listening to different styles in the 1970's.  However, given that, I can certainly recognize good music of any genre and this certainly is an excellent song.  Luv, the intro change up.  Mix sounds good to me and the performance sounds was very well done.  Kudos on a job well done.

• Like 1

This is top notch music. I think it has a powerful message. Basically, " He is no fool who sacrifices what he can't keep in exchange for something he can't loose".

I haven't listened to music in this genre for awhile. Back when I was a keyboardist playing it I almost went deaf lol.  You guys could easily make an album. I think there's still demand for this music out there. The guitars are real...everything played is real. Sadly this is uncommon in our day.

Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

@freddy jThank you Freddy for listening to the song. You as a connoisseur of the 70's music I appreciate your kind words even more.

@Old JoadThanks for listening, I don't know the tubes, probably wasn't my style of music then, but I will listen to it sometime.

@Starise I appreciate your honesty words, Starise. Unfortunately, you're right that real handmade music is not very popular these days. Thanks for your kind words.

Long live Rock'n Roll, @David Sprouse