Problem re-installing Melodyne from Bandlab app

Anders Svensson

Question

Hello!

I just installed Cakewalk by Bandlab and the Melodyne add-on. Once installed I realized I wanted to install Melodyne in another folder, so I uninstalled both the Melodyne plugin and the Melodyne runtime (which required admin privileges). Trying to reinstall Melodyne, the add-on option is now already selected and grayed out as if the add-on is already installed. I'm certain Melodyne is uninstalled. The Apps & Features list have no Melodyne entries and regedit shows no trace of installation. Please see attached images for reference.

CbB.png.7e6f21585a6a252642d30c82fb9320a2.png698606902_AppsFeatures.png.2a59176f758852f8bf18c38a5c96746d.png

How can I make Bandlab know that Melodyne is uninstalled?

Cheers!

/Anders

4 answers to this question

BA keeps track of what it installed using registry entries in

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Installers

I did not install the bundled Melodyne so do not have the actual key to the Melodyne record. It should be pretty clear which is the Melodyne record based on the data. Delete the appropriate key and the Add-ons option will be available again.

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick reply scook! It worked well for me. I had nothing else installed so I removed the only branch entry under "...\Installers\". Melodyne is now available for installation again.

A follow up question: The included installer of Melodyne is still a trial version, no? Is there any difference between this one and the official trial verson from Celemony?

Cheers!

/Anders

Yes, it is still a trial version.

I believe it is not the same as the trial available from Celemony. The trial bundled with CbB will continue to perform monophonic audio-to-midi and drag--to-timeline tempo map after the trial period for the editor ends.

• Thanks 1