A couple of questions for Studio One owners.

Vernon Barnes

I am still mulling over signing up for the Sphere subscription. Having Notion in the package is certainly increasing the attraction and the extra content add to the temptation.

The requirement is for 40 - 100 GB of disk space depending on what one installs. I assume the content can be installed on a sample drive and the C drive just has the programs?

How much of the bundle can be used in other DAW. For example Presence XT is described as "built in" so I assume it, and its content can only be used in Studio One. but it would appear that some of the plugins like FAT Channel  and Ampire are VSTs and could be used elsewhere.

Can the Notion instruments be used in Studio One, or another DAW?

Not  sure about Sphere specifically. I will be very surprised if you can't install the extra content at the location of your choice same as SO5 software. I can tell you that Sphere will need an internet connection and it needs to dial in every 3 days. This isn't acceptable for some users.

Presonus has a shell that allows you to use their plugins in other DAWS, This is presumably so that you can purchase only the plugins...I don't think they were just being nice. Stranger things have happened. This is a free download on their site to registered Presonus users. I have used the Fat Channel in CbB with no issues.The synths don't work in anything else so far as I know. Neither do the loops. They are not Rex or Acid...proprietary. Presence XT is just a another rompler...nothing astounding there. The orchestral sounds sit at a mid point in quality. They aren't going to sound like Spitfire but I think they are slightly better than some of the other beginner sound sets. Pretty convincing in the right kind of a mix.

You could import midi from Cakewalk to Notion and use the sounds that way. For me going from SO5 to Notion works best since those soundsets aren't as good in Notion. I have no real reason for doing that. The Notion sounds are just *ok*

Edited by Starise