I need some advice and tips from fellow crap guitar players

synkrotron

Even good guitarists have to mix lots of tracks takes, use tonns of Melodyne and such when writing songs in the studio. And they have to sit down and learn how to play it live later. So don't feel bad about that. Difference of good guitarists and us is that they manage to learn it fast. I might never.... 🙄

Edited by Øyvind Skald
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Øyvind Skald said:

Even good guitarists have to mix lots of tracks takes, use tonns of Melodyne and such when writing songs in the studio. And they have to sit down and learn how to play it live later. So don't feel bad about that. Difference of good guitarists and us is that they manage to learn it fast. I might never.... 🙄

Sometimes I really need to get the idea down before I forget it... other times, it makes sense for me to practise it until I get it right, especially when "feel" is a big thing for the part.

But either way, I've found actually being able to hear it afterwards makes it WAY easier to play. I'll come back to it a week later (after doing nothing but listening) and play the whole thing without a glitch... very strange how the brain works!

• Great Idea 1