sustain with pedal

TOny

Question

Hi everyone.

Sorry for faults, i'm french.

I've got a 88 touchs m-audio keystation 61 es with a pedal, plugged in jack.

With cakewalk, when I recording a song, i have a sustain, but when i'm listening the song, the sustain is gone.

If I export in .Wav, it's the same .

How can I do to record in real time with the sustain of the pedal ??

I had try everything with options. I don't want to check every notes with automation.

Sorry if it's not very understanding. I'm not using translator.

Thanks a lot

3 answers to this question

It would be better if you also mentioned your synth (VSTi or external synth). Anyway I suspect it's likely polarity problem. According to manual, the polarity of the sustain pedal is calculated by the keyboard when it is powered up. On power up, the sustain pedal is assumed to be in the OFF position. So if you want the sustain pedal to be off when it's not pressed, make sure the pedal is NOT pressed when you power up your Keystation ES.

You can record the output of your synth on an Aux track if you want to while you play it.

When it comes to sustain, I'm guessing that if you recorded the midi you also recorded the sustain.

It might sound really differently when you change synth patches. Some synth patches have an infinite hold for sustain. Other patches have a steady fade for the sustain.

For example, when you hold the sustain pedal on a piano, it fades out fairly quickly.

Other synth never fade out.

I mention this in case you changed your patch from one type to another.