Square I in 2020

I do not want to use TTS-1, so I was trying to find a download for Square I for Cakewalk in 2020. All I found were just manuals on how to use it. Every tutorial (if I ever need one) even use this without a download link. Not even the official Cakewalk website provides it. Please help.

If I recall correctly this was an old 32 bit DX plugin. DX plugins can not be easily  bridged like 32 bit VSTs so getting it working could be more trouble than its worth.

You can find free 64 bit VSTis that emulate analog synths in a similar way to square.

The Freeware Instruments thread is a good place to look.

There is so much it could be overwhelming but try this one for starters.

Edited by Vernon Barnes

Except Square I was a VST , so if you point your VST scan (ie. add a folder) to the Square I folder and scan, it'll get picked up and bridged (and I use it and it seems to do so fine, although no guarantees!).

It sounds like the OP is starting with a download of CbB?

The thrust of Maxim's post is kinda odd, as if the only plug-ins there are are ones that either currently ship with Cakewalk or once shipped with SONAR. TTS-1 has very little in common with Square I, TTS-1 is a GM ROMpler and Square I is a subtractive synth. Maxim doesn't want to use the ROMpler, so the next best thing is Square I?

My standard recommendation for people who are tired of TTS-1 is first to try the secondary sounds in it, then plunk down $14.99 for a 2-seat license for Xpand!2, which is, as of now, the  best deal in software arrangers, IMO. If only there were still software engineers around at SONiVAIR to give it a scalable UI....

Y'know, I know of this cool guy who collects once proud, now dead in the water MI brands.😊If he could get Jordan on loan from Fishman....

• Like 1