T-RackS® Space Delay plug-in

Joakim Lundberg

IK Multimedia releases T-RackS® Space Delay plug-in emulation of iconic tape delay unit

New plug-in recreates the iconic sound and character of a classic tape delay unit

July 16, 2020 - IK Multimedia has released T-RackS® Space Delay for its industry standard T-RackS mixing and mastering software workstation. This new vintage tape delay/spring reverb plug-in recreates the detailed character and sound of an iconic tape echo unit heard on countless albums and can be used both as a stand-alone plug-in or inside T-RackS 5.

Pricing and availability
The T-RackS Space Delay is available now in the T-RackS Custom Shop, from the IK Multimediaonline store and from authorized IK dealers worldwide for $/€99.99*.

From July 16 through September 15, 2020, owners of five or more T-RackS Singles and owners of T-RackS 5 SE, T-RackS 5, T-RackS 5 Deluxe or T-RackS 5 MAX will automatically receive a 20% discount when purchasing T-RackS Space Delay through the IK Multimedia online store.

* All prices excluding taxes

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/trspacedelay/index.php?p=info

• Like 1

Oooh 😍 been waiting almost too long for this one particularly. Without even testing it yet, what I can say about it: I like the look and most importantly the sound, quality of this or the Sunset Studio reverb are without question. What I dislike is the resources it takes to operate, high CPU is (almost) fine as long as it brings the details of an analog gear but the insane amount of space (over 1.5 gigs for a bunch of plugins), really? I mean really? And the high price... but there's a remedy, need to wait for another group buy which makes it reasonable, luckily I have time. For me a must have :D.

Edited by chris.r

30 minutes ago, Joakim Lundberg said:

It doesn’t appear possible to use the cross grade price in combination with jampoints unfortunately, which makes this deal less relevant for those with saved points. 

Suxors.

Also Brian May is on sale at 49 euros !!

Did the plunge , if anybody intersetd to buy it from me , i'm open lol too much cpu , now i recall why i skipped , i will lose money cause of transfert fees but better than nothing .

One of the things that I have always found odd about T-RackS, is the complete lack of even one digital delay.  It's such a basic thing.  They have so many compressors and EQs, limiters, mastering devices,  three reverbs--but not a single digital delay.  If you think of Soundtoys or any of their competition, you can see how big an omission this is.  I don't think you can even call T-RackS fully featured until they cover this very basic category. 

The only previous delay in T-RackS Max is their Vintage Tape Echo.    An extremely niche product.  So now another vintage device, one which has been modeled tremendously well by everybody from AudioThing to Arturia.  I'm sure they will do it well too, maybe even better,  but it's not like we need it. 

You can paint any picture on top of a plugin and make it look analog, but the truth is--it's digital.  And if you have a first-rate digital plugin that can be configured a billion ways, you can have presets that will sound like that particular vintage device.  Why do it this way?  The answer is... marketing. People want to feel like they "own" the gear they desired when they were kids.  So you can sell more plugins.

IK does do the nostalgia thing very well with their plugins, but, aside from their amazing Black 76, the T-RackS I use the most are the ones they've designed themselves.  Like the reverbs and ONE. They have the skills to create things better than anybody.

I hope this signals that they will get into digital delays because I'm sure whatever they come up with will be great.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

One of the things that I have always found odd about T-RackS, is the complete lack of even one digital delay.  It's such a basic thing...

I think it's already covered by many and there's no need for special research and tech, like the one from IK to recreate vintage gear. Digital delay can be programmed by anyone, and many can do well. Where IK is good at is cloning that vintage gear, and only few do it so well. Let them clone! :D 

• Like 2

On 7/16/2020 at 2:36 PM, Reid Rosefelt said:

One of the things that I have always found odd about T-RackS, is the complete lack of even one digital delay.  It's such a basic thing.  They have so many compressors and EQs, limiters, mastering devices,  three reverbs--but not a single digital delay.  If you think of Soundtoys or any of their competition, you can see how big an omission this is.  I don't think you can even call T-RackS fully featured until they cover this very basic category. 

The only previous delay in T-RackS Max is their Vintage Tape Echo.    An extremely niche product.  So now another vintage device, one which has been modeled tremendously well by everybody from AudioThing to Arturia.  I'm sure they will do it well too, maybe even better,  but it's not like we need it. 

You can paint any picture on top of a plugin and make it look analog, but the truth is--it's digital.  And if you have a first-rate digital plugin that can be configured a billion ways, you can have presets that will sound like that particular vintage device.  Why do it this way?  The answer is... marketing. People want to feel like they "own" the gear they desired when they were kids.  So you can sell more plugins.

IK does do the nostalgia thing very well with their plugins, but, aside from their amazing Black 76, the T-RackS I use the most are the ones they've designed themselves.  Like the reverbs and ONE. They have the skills to create things better than anybody.

I hope this signals that they will get into digital delays because I'm sure whatever they come up with will be great.

IKM are okay, I own  most of AT and Tracks. FWIW.. I have gotten the most use and mileage and moneys worth out of Larrusen console. (Maybe its just my usage of their product line. )

I am a little confused by their release of this Space Delay product. Who in their right mind thought there was a need for this considering so many alternatives in the market space.

10 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

have gotten the most use and mileage and moneys worth out of Larrusen console. (Maybe its just my usage of their product line. )

I am a little confused by their release of this Space Delay product. Who in their right mind thought there was a need for this considering so many alternatives in the market space.

I don't often get far enough to worry about mastering, but Lurssen feels like cheating.

And I don't think there is a need for another delay, but then again it seems like people are releasing LA-2A compressors every day too.

• Like 1