Can I get V-Vocal back?

davdud101

Howdy everyone! I wasn't super-excited to make the move, but as soon as I realized I was gonna have questions (and just still wanna hang out with the 'guys') I decided, what loss would there be.

So I guess I'll go ahead and get to the question - I have Sonar X3 as well as CWbBL installed. Is there any hope for me getting V-Vocal installed into  CWBL? For most uses, it has all the features and MORE than this Melodyne trial that comes with CWBL. Add in that it's just simpler to use overall...

Pleeease tell me it can be done!

I had no problems at all when I upgraded to CbB. V-Vocal appears in the Region FX list and works perfectly. I have Melodyne Studio, but I agree that V-Vocal is still useful for some things (like vibrato 😀) and it's sonic quality is comparable to Melodyne for small adjustments.

I'm pretty sure V-Vocal was only included up to X2, though, so your X3 copy will have Melodyne Essentials instead of V-Vocal. If you don't have a version of Sonar that included V-Vocal, it's highly unlikely you'll ever be able to install it separately since it was technically a Roland product and isn't available anywhere.

In order to install V-Vocal, a small portion of the DAW which included the plug-in must be installed. The last versions to bundle V-Vocal were X2 Producer and Studio. To get V-Vocal installed requires an advanced install of a version of SONAR which included the plug-in. After selecting the advanced install option select Minimal Installation from the advance install options like this example using X2

Xtyprss.gif

A full version of Melodyne Essential was included with X3 Producer and Studio. This should have been used instead of the trial bundled with CbB if one owned either of those versions of X3. If registered, the license would be in your Celemony account.

• Thanks 2

I don't remember doing anything special when I installed Cakewalk for the first time, and I have V-Vocal as an option/along side Melodyne.

I have found Melodyne to be superior to V-Vocal for my usage, but I left V-Vocal there just in case there was some need to pull it out of the tool box someday. Sounds like vibrato might be a reason to pull it out someday.

AHH, that explains it! I had it in X3, but it was from my install of X2. Alright, I'll go ahead and add the plugins from X2 then.

Thanks, guys, this whole time I just thought it was somehow blocked from being installed, or just lost in the ether.

(Nice to see some familiar faces, btw! Guess quite a few made the trip over)

V-Vocal cannot be installed without installing X2. Run the X2 advanced install option and select "Minimal Installation" as shown above. There are a couple of other plug-ins that were last bundled with X2 (such as Analyst and Spectral FX). X2 Producer is the only version to include R-Mix.