VSTBuzz Offer: 92% off “InstaChord & Expansions” by W.A Production

Hillmy

[“InstaChord & Expansions” is a MIDI Processing Plugin + 5 Expansions that help you play chords and chord progressions faster and easier. Using richer chords and new chord progressions can take your song to a new level and make it sound unique and professional.

Whether or not you are an experienced musician or just a beginner, with a vast chord bank and amazing playability, InstaChord has something to offer to you.]

VSTBuzz link for $10

At first I wasn't sure what this is and with W.A. Productions it's either hit or miss. But when I saw this video it explained very well what it actually is! So I was impressed. Watch the whole video to know what I mean. For what it does, it's a great deal! Plus you get all the expansions!

14 minutes ago, lawajava said:

I found it very non intuitive.  I gave up in frustration.  But, hey, for $10 that’s quite a deal.

+1 own it but don't really use it.  Designed to work better with larger keyboards - and two hands

Scaler 2 just makes a lot more sense to me for similar stuff.  

But for $10, it does come with quite a few chord progression ideas.

That's why I said watch the video. 😛

It's not Scaler 2. If anything it's a complement to it. (at least what I understood from the video). Also, what got me interested was that I could play guitar VST's without it sounding like a piano. Although it could be used for bass and other stuff too. This VST will make it easier for me to play on my laptop keyboard. This is what I got from the video. So I bought it and tried it out. Does exactly what I expected. If I never watched the video, I would have never bought it. I don't have enough money left this month for anything more that $20 for apps. So this was perfect!

39 minutes ago, Hillmy said:

That's why I said watch the video. 😛

It's not Scaler 2. If anything it's a complement to it. (at least what I understood from the video). Also, what got me interested was that I could play guitar VST's without it sounding like a piano. Although it could be used for bass and other stuff too. This VST will make it easier for me to play on my laptop keyboard. This is what I got from the video. So I bought it and tried it out. Does exactly what I expected. If I never watched the video, I would have never bought it. I don't have enough money left this month for anything more that $20 for apps. So this was perfect!

Scaler 2 is supposed to have a future update that will  add more "guitar" functions to it, don't know the details.

Video does help get more out of it, but honestly the bass and lead stuff he talks about can also be done in Scaler and honesty  in a more straightforward way (in my mind)

The way  you can switch strumming styles between chord changes or repetitions is really the only value add I see in Instachord.  

However the plugin does cost a lot less, and with that makes it a good starting program in this space.

I personally think they should rework the interface...it does have some good features and functions.

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

Anyone who’s got Scaler 2 and InstaScale?

I have both.

Only recenlty picked up InstaScale thanks to the cross grade they were doing for about $10 for InstaChord owners (deal is over).  Haven't really used InstaScale much yet, but the interval approach to InstaScale is much different than the interface and workflow of Scaler 2.  (IMO)

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Fleer said:

Anyone who’s got Scaler 2 and InstaScale?

Yep I have both.  And I STRONGLY suggest that if you know anything about music, then do not spend $10 for InstaScale.    

And Scaler2 is great and I recommend it to everyone.

CORRECTION: I have InstaChord (which is on sale at VST Buzz) , not InstaScale.     And InstaChord (with all it's expansions) is still not worth $10.

Edited by Michael A.D.
  • Thanks 2

My initial impression with Instachord was wha!?!?!?? Then after watching a couple of videos including the one posted by Hillmy I got to quite like what you can do with it. Of course YMMV. 

Then again I do kind of collect these type of plugins - anything to help stimulate ideas. At $10 it's not much of a gamble and you can always try the demo if you're not sure.

• Like 2

Yeah instachord is great. Takes a while to understand the layout but after that I find it intuitive and fun to use. I don’t have scaler 2 but have a a few Ableton ones and I prefer Instachord
There was a better deal at Christmas when WA sold this with instascale and a bunch of other midi tools they have for less than $9

• Like 1