SONiVox Compilation 29.99

Starise

Can vouch for BlueJay Drums and Harpsichord as sounding top notch. Sounding. They are wrapped in the usual "Companion" sample player interface sans documentation.

Don't know about the rest, but $3 a pop for sampled virtual instruments seems fair. Another caveat: my BlueJay Drums license was for a single computer, my Harpsichord for two.

• Like 1

The Atsia Percussion and Silk Road Percussion are really good.   I own a lot of expensive world percussion libraries and these totally stand up.  They are often available separately in the $3-$5 range.  At that price, it's about a good a deal as I've ever seen offered for a first class virtual instrument library.  

FYI, if you have iLok. you can demo any of these "SONiVOX Singeles"  from the SONiVOX site.

Because I like Atsia and Silk Road so much, I have demoed a few of the others, but never bought any.   It's interesting to hear that  there are some other gems in there, and it doesn't surprise me.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt

I was eyeing the guitar and harmonica on that list. Unfortunately was having issues playing the sound file examples which are linked to Sound Cloud. I found a guy on YouTube demoing the harmonica but he didn't know how to make it sound like a harmonica. For 29.00 quid it might be worth a gamble. I have harmonicas so I guess I should just put one in my mouth and blow on it instead. 

I personally have drums out the wazoo and was looking at EZ drummer as a quick compo tool but they won't put it on sale. I'm not a drummer and have trouble walking and chewing gum at the same time. The SONiVOX set looks like just the samples....not sure. The site isn't especially helpful. I appreciate those who have confirmed  at least some of the libs are decent.