Ultrasone Headphones sale

e-cue

I have the original 750 pro and really liked them for a good 10 years. I still have them, but one side has lost it's sound (possibly a loose connection) and I ended up buying Audio Technica's M50x.

The 750's were very detailed/accurate especially in the mid-high range and wasn't very bass heavy as the ATM50's. I was using them solely for recording/mixing and found them to be well balanced. The ATM50's does sound more pleasant to the ear, but don't quite represent the mix correctly. Not sure how good the newer 750i's are, but I imagine they should be very good considering the quality parts/testing they put into their head phones.

Not sure if I should get a new pair of 750i's (not that I need it) or fix my old set.....decisions, decisions. B|

On 7/14/2020 at 1:10 AM, LasWaltz said:

Can you be more specific? Comparing them with any standard choice to understand what do they bring? Mine are a little worn out, this could be an option

I'd rather not, due to the nature of headphones, speakers, etc, all being so subjective, but sure- I'll give it a stab.

I'm primarily a mix engineer.  One of the most obvious problems working with headphones is that you slowly over time find yourself turning up the volume a little bit, then a little more, then a little more, until your ears are shot and you end up taking more and more ear breaks to make up for the ear fatigue.  The Ultrasones were the first I worked with over long periods of time that didn't give me that urge.  

I was also skeptic of the speaker placement, and the imagining of the headphones, but I found them to work very well, especially when dialing in wide guitar material, so I went with the 750s.  

They give me detail without hype (something you might want for, say, tracking headphones) but they aren't as 'in your face' as something like the standard Sony MDRs or The AT m50's mesh mentioned.  I don't have to 'squint' my ears when I use them.  

These aren't your $30 Behringer Beyer knock offs (which are some of the most painful cans I've ever heard), so for the price point, you may want to hold off and listen to them before you plunk down a couple hundred schmekels for them.  

• Like 1