Amarillo

90 dB

Interesting song.  Well produced, the pedal steel is used sparingly but is a really nice touch.  I hope I can develop a touch as delicate as yours one day.

Side note, I was stationed down the road from Amarillo at Reese Air Force Base near Lubbock.  Truthfully, don't miss the place a bit.  There's a reason Mac Davis felt like writing "(Lubbock) Texas In My Rear View Mirror".  😄

On 7/13/2020 at 7:03 PM, John Maar said:

Nice little ditty, Bob! You and your wife do good work.

Ah, the old Route 66! I was born on it, just down the road apiece in Elk City. Living on it again in Flagstaff.

John,

Thanks for listening. I too remember the old 66. Spent three days stuck in Gallup back in '70 - couldn't get a ride for love or money!

Regards,

Bob

• Like 1

On 7/14/2020 at 10:54 AM, DeeringAmps said:

More good songwriting Bob.
72 releases on BandCamp, I'm impressed.

t

Tom,

Thanks for taking the time to listen, and the kind comments.

Regards,

Bob

• Like 1

On 7/14/2020 at 3:02 PM, Jim Fogle said:

Interesting song.  Well produced, the pedal steel is used sparingly but is a really nice touch.  I hope I can develop a touch as delicate as yours one day.

Side note, I was stationed down the road from Amarillo at Reese Air Force Base near Lubbock.  Truthfully, don't miss the place a bit.  There's a reason Mac Davis felt like writing "(Lubbock) Texas In My Rear View Mirror".  😄

Jim,

Thanks for the listen. Loved Mac Davis. There was a video on this song as well.

• Like 2

On 7/14/2020 at 4:53 PM, ABull said:

Very nice demo of your song -- mix and arrangement are top notch -- I hear a touch of Waylon in your voice which is very appealing -- good work~~Allan

Allan,

Thanks for listening, and the kind comments.

Regards,

Bob

On 7/14/2020 at 8:57 PM, tonemangler said:

This doesn't sound like a demo to me, it sounds like a record, and a well mixed one at that! If I could get my mixes close to this I would be a happy camper. Fantastic voice! Everything excellent!

Tonemangler,

Thanks for listening. Appreciate it.

Regards,

Bob

1 hour ago, emeraldsoul said:

Great pedal steel? lap steel? and your background vocal harmonies were spot on and well blended with the excellent original.

cheers,

-Tom

Tom,

Thanks for listening and the kind comments.

Regards,

Bob