Connect to the Web and notation partition

Gros Piere

Hi everyone,

After installed Bandlab on my cpu, must I be connected to internet (web) for using bandlab or I can use it without a web connection?

can i create a musical score from a sheet of music using the notes or the notation system (such as eighth notes, quarter notes, etc), do we have in the views access to a sheet of music like I did when using Sonar 8 producer?

image.thumb.png.5528ef2d6b71572c3c777731d10d7a7b.png

Just a few product names for clarification

BandLab is a web-based DAW

Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) is a Windows-based DAW developed from the SONAR Platinum source code.

BandLab Assistant (BA) is a tool to launch BandLab, install/update/activate CbB and a loop librarian

BA requires an internet connection to install and update CbB. BA can activate CbB directly while connected to the internet or remotely running from another machine with an internet connection. For more on using BA to install CbB see http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=Introduction.30.html#1521945

CbB installs like an upgrade to 64bit SONAR. IOW, after installing CbB, both SONAR and CbB are available. Shared folders are updated to the CbB versions which are compatible with 64bit SONAR. All content bundled with 64bit SONAR is available in CbB.

CbB must be reactivated every 6 months. Reactivation happens automatically when CbB is updated. The program is updated every couple of months.

CbB does not need an internet connection to run.

CbB has a staff view much like SONAR 8 as it is based on the last of the SONAR series.

Notation.02.1.png

Thank's a lot.  You really turn on my brain.  I'll try it.  Specially if it's free, I bought my last version Sonar 8 producer many years ago  and I thought at that time it was expensive but I really need it at that time.  Sometime I use Cakewalk Sonar to write a song fron a music sheet or sometime I create some tune using the notation system.

I have another question, do I must uninstall my Sonar 8 producer to install Cakewalk Bandlab?  (sorry for my bad english, I'm francophone)

Edited by Gros Piere