Track view: Why are some areas shaded?

Dave G

I noticed that, up in the track view area where the track bars are, some of the areas along the right are shaded (gray) in patterns, some areas more than others.

I used to think that was because of the amount of data (i.e. notes, events) in a certain area, but it doesn't seem consistent.

What does the shading indicate, and why are some areas shaded more heavily?

8 hours ago, Dave G said:

I noticed that, up in the track view area where the track bars are, some of the areas along the right are shaded (gray) in patterns, some areas more than others.

I used to think that was because of the amount of data (i.e. notes, events) in a certain area, but it doesn't seem consistent.

What does the shading indicate, and why are some areas shaded more heavily?

Could you please take a screenshot of what you are referring to, and post it here?  It would make it easier for me to know precisely what you are asking about.  (it is early, and I am out of coffee).  Windows comes with a Snipping Tool, which you can use to capture a square/rectangle that you drag around the area you want to capture, then you can copy and paste it in a reply, to this post.  You can find it in the listed apps on the left side of the tiles if you hit the Windows Start Button, under Windows Accessories. :)

Bob Bone

• 3 weeks later...