Eq for asio???

mats

Hi

i want to be able to eq the windows 10 system sound (games, youtube, movies, etc) having asio drivers from focusrite, so far everyone recomends apo eq and others but no one work for asio, i've tried the voicemeter banana but the eq is only 3 bands and even when i change to the focusrite device when i go to use cakewalk there's a lot of clicks and pops in the sound

and even the cheaper hardware eq's are super expensive in my country

4 hours ago, 57Gregy said:

You can set your system to use the Focusrite with Cakewalk and the onboard sound card for Windows sounds. If your sound chip is a RealTek, it has "enhancements", one of which includes EQ with many presets.

but the problem with that is that i need another headphones and monitors for the onboard sound, my goal is to unify everything

Get the cheapest passive stereo line mixer you can, plug the outputs of both sound devices into it, and take the output of the mixer to your (powered) speakers.

Search Amazon for "Little Bear MC5" for example. Note that this particular mixer doesn't have a headphone amp, so if you want your headphones to recieve audio from both sources (rather than just plugging them into the Focusrite's headphone output), you'll need to step up to something like a Behringer Xenyx 502 or equivalent.

Use the Realtek's EQ for your windows sounds. It's not a good idea to have the Windows sounds and the DAW sharing the same interface, as you can run into various conflicts if you're running the DAW and Windows decides it wants to beep or whatever.

3 hours ago, John Bradley said:

Get the cheapest passive stereo line mixer you can, plug the outputs of both sound devices into it, and take the output of the mixer to your (powered) speakers.

Search Amazon for "Little Bear MC5" for example. Note that this particular mixer doesn't have a headphone amp, so if you want your headphones to recieve audio from both sources (rather than just plugging them into the Focusrite's headphone output), you'll need to step up to something like a Behringer Xenyx 502 or equivalent.

Use the Realtek's EQ for your windows sounds. It's not a good idea to have the Windows sounds and the DAW sharing the same interface, as you can run into various conflicts if you're running the DAW and Windows decides it wants to beep or whatever.

wow, that behringer is much cheaper than i expected... i can get the Xenyx 1202fx or the Xenyx 1002b for the same price of one of that crappy but expensive hardware eq's

i've never had a console before, so i wonder if with one of this behringers i can do the thing of connecting both focusrite and realtek for listening and maybe at the same time using it for connecting instruments in the other inserts for recording

this can be done without problems?

11 minutes ago, mats said:

i've never had a console before, so i wonder if with one of this behringers i can do the thing of connecting both focusrite and realtek for listening and maybe at the same time using it for connecting instruments in the other inserts for recording

Probably not. Without delving into them, I'm going to hazard a guess that the Xenyx 1202 and 1002 are both 'N inputs to a stereo mix' devices. Larger mixers often have additional submix outs (eg. Mackie 1604), wherein you could have a second stereo mix (on submix 3 & 4) feeding the input of the Focusrite, and the main mix (submix 1 & 2) going to your speakers. But that's almost certainly massive overkill for what you're doing.

FWIW, I have two mixers in my setup. A small Mackie 1202 which I keep all my sound-generators connected to. The output of that mixer goes to the inputs on my Focusrite. Also provides me nice high-res level meters on the input signal. And I have a second 'output' mixer connected to my speakers/headphones. Both the Focusrite and the Windows audio are connected to that mixer, as well as the output from the 1202 and an ancient hardware reverb - this lets me monitor my vocal recordings (with reverb, that doesn't get recorded) at zero latency.

I wouldn't necessarily recommend doing all that, it's just using stuff that I already owned for various reasons. 

1 hour ago, John Bradley said:

Probably not. Without delving into them, I'm going to hazard a guess that the Xenyx 1202 and 1002 are both 'N inputs to a stereo mix' devices. Larger mixers often have additional submix outs (eg. Mackie 1604), wherein you could have a second stereo mix (on submix 3 & 4) feeding the input of the Focusrite, and the main mix (submix 1 & 2) going to your speakers. But that's almost certainly massive overkill for what you're doing.

FWIW, I have two mixers in my setup. A small Mackie 1202 which I keep all my sound-generators connected to. The output of that mixer goes to the inputs on my Focusrite. Also provides me nice high-res level meters on the input signal. And I have a second 'output' mixer connected to my speakers/headphones. Both the Focusrite and the Windows audio are connected to that mixer, as well as the output from the 1202 and an ancient hardware reverb - this lets me monitor my vocal recordings (with reverb, that doesn't get recorded) at zero latency.

I wouldn't necessarily recommend doing all that, it's just using stuff that I already owned for various reasons. 

so is a waste of money to get one of those, maybe the xenyx 802 will be great then, i wonder if this thing gives headphone amplification also