SSD5 how to add all drums to the mixer view?

user390096

Interesting topic. I use AD2 and when I'm happy with the programming and am ready to start mixing I bounce all elements into individual audio tracks. If individual cymbal hits are needed just solo them in AD2 and record. Personally, I just adjust the cymbal levels within AD2 and then bounce all cymbals and ride onto a stereo audio track. This approach works for me because I prefer to have all my virtual instrument tracks bounced to audio before I start mixing in earnest. I keep all midi tracks with notes referring to instruments and patches and delete all VI's.  Cheers.

Paul

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tonemangler said:

Interesting topic. I use AD2 and when I'm happy with the programming and am ready to start mixing I bounce all elements into individual audio tracks. If individual cymbal hits are needed just solo them in AD2 and record. Personally, I just adjust the cymbal levels within AD2 and then bounce all cymbals and ride onto a stereo audio track. This approach works for me because I prefer to have all my virtual instrument tracks bounced to audio before I start mixing in earnest. I keep all midi tracks with notes referring to instruments and patches and delete all VI's.  Cheers.

Paul

Yup - I like to bounce all MIDI tracks to audio before starting mixing, as well.  I am thinking that having the SSD5 cymbals routed to their own audio output channels would give the option for individual processing, so might be nice to have.  I will give it a whirl anyways, to see how it goes.  :)

Bob Bone

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE - I tried setting up a custom kit, to try to route each cymbal to its own audio output channel, and it ONLY has OH and Room mics available for the cymbals, so this does not seem feasible to me.  I gave up trying, and just have the OH and Room mics set up in my templates for SSD drum kits.

Bob Bone