Overloud TH3 Cakewalk

tonemangler

I was wondering if anyone has successfully upgraded from Overloud's TH3 (Cakewalk version from the Sonar days) to TH-U Full?  Right now they have a sale on but you need a serial number to upgrade and, since it came with Sonar,  it is not listed in my Overloud products page.  I messaged Overloud support but since the sale ends in 2 days I doubt I will get a response in time. Just wondering if anyone here has tried this. Thanks

@treesha Thanks for the info! It's good to know Overloud will offer a discount. Right now the upgrade price is 79 Euros ($90US). I also have Komplete, which comes with Guitar Rig which is excellent, so TH3-U would be just another flavour to compliment it. I also use Amplitube!! Hahaha I guess I have an amp sim addiction! Thanks again

53 minutes ago, Paul H said:

I did last year when they had similar offers.
No issues.

I just received an email from Overloud support informing me that there wasn't an upgrade path from TH3 cakewalk to TH-U Full.  Did you contact Overloud support directly for the upgrade or were you able to do it through their website? Did you upgrade from TH3 cakewalk to TH3 Full or directly to TH-U Full? Thanks

Back when Roland ditched us Overload gave Sonar owners a full unlock serial if you send them a screen shot of your Sonar Splat serial found in Help/ About tab. I thought that was very nice of them. So maybe it will depend on if you took that step.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, John Vere said:

Back when Roland ditched us Overload gave Sonar owners a full unlock serial if you send them a screen shot of your Sonar Splat serial found in Help/ About tab. I thought that was very nice of them. So maybe it will depend on if you took that step.  

Thanks John, I just received an email this morning from Overloud explaining exactly what you said. I just sent the screen shot of my serial. Cheers

On 7/14/2020 at 4:26 PM, tonemangler said:

Thanks John, I just received an email this morning from Overloud explaining exactly what you said. I just sent the screen shot of my serial. Cheers

Hmm.. I just contacted Overloud with my serial, and they gave me a voucher for 20% off TH3,  meaning it would still be 183.04 GBP.  @tonemangler - did you manage to get an upgrade to TH3 Full?

In my case it was not an upgrade, just a registration and serial direct with them. I get e mails all the time about upgrades but I'm more than happy with the version I have. Mostly I like to use the chorus and compressor pedals on acoustic guitar tracks. I still prefer my real guitar pedals and amp for electric. I need to play into the sound, can't stand playing dry and my system has too much latency to use the sims live. 

As noted above, users of SONAR Platinum can get a discount code for TH-U by supplying an image of their SONAR Platinum about page.

Here is the original offer Overloud made to SONAR Platinum users http://forum.cakewalk.com/Overloud-Welcomes-Cakewalk-Customers-Get-Unlocked-TH3-BREVERB-and-REmatrix-Solo-m3698835.aspx. When BandLab purchased the Cakewalk IP, this offer was discontinued (at least that is what Red from Overloud support emailed me yesterday).

4 hours ago, Matthew Carr said:

Hmm.. I just contacted Overloud with my serial, and they gave me a voucher for 20% off TH3,  meaning it would still be 183.04 GBP.  @tonemangler - did you manage to get an upgrade to TH3 Full?

Hi Matthew, yes I ended up getting the same discount, but I stupidly thought I would get the upgrade price which was on sale for 79 Euros which is approx. $120 CDN (I live in Canada).  However, even though the discount is very generous by Overloud, it would cost over $300 CDN (I don't remember the exact figure) to upgrade so I think I will hold off for now. I already have Guitar Rig and Amplitube so this would have been something to compliment those two. I used TH3 cakewalk edition on my last project and really liked the sound and interface so was willing to upgrade for a good price. I think I'll wait for now. Cheers

Paul

Same here, think I mis-understood about the unlock code given before CbB came into existence - it wasn't forTH3 Full, but a code that allowed the bundled version to be run outside of Sonar - you had to pay more to get an upgrade to TH3 Full.  Hence the current upgrade to THU is still expensive, as it's not an upgrade from TH3 Full.

Thanks for the link Scook - made it all clear.

On 7/14/2020 at 4:26 PM, tonemangler said: