No sound output with plug ins

Goodsound

Based on your latest pics you should be hearing something at the RealTek audio output.

Can you hear audio on your speakers when you shut down Cakewalk and play a YouTube in your browser or some other media player on your PC ?

12 hours ago, Goodsound said:

943F5B8F-D217-4629-9F0F-ECDB10779981.jpeg

This picture shows audio going from Track 3 [Genesis Pro I] to a hardware output via the Master bus.  If you don't hear it, that could mean that Windows' audio is not set up properly.  I have gotten that when either the MS settings or an audio card utility/management program's settings do not match the audio output settings coming from Cakewalk.  As abacab points out, one possible mismatch is the sample rate.

• Like 1

Well it took a while to find this „bug“.
How ever I am under the strong impression that an install app should be able to read out the configuration of your audio driver and to configure the same values were obviously necessary or open an window where it‘s asked which one.
As a newbie I was completely lost by this omission.

3 hours ago, Goodsound said:

How ever I am under the strong impression that an install app should be able to read out the configuration of your audio driver and to configure the same values were obviously necessary or open an window where it‘s asked which one.

The proper forum for posting Cakewalk feedback is here: https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/forum/8-feedback-loop/

Your suggestion has a better chance of being seen by a Cakewalk employee over there.

Glad that you are up and running now!

Executive Summary: 

In short, I think that if the OP did not know to use the wizard or found it lacking in details, more could be done to get new-comers on board, but at the same time, I don't feel it is a "bug" that Cakewalk allows users to configure the settings themselves.

9 hours ago, Goodsound said:

I believe the developers have been sensitive to the needs of non-long-term users as evidenced in part by the new user wizard: Help > Get Started:

image.png.b72ec3212ccaafbde87bdfa91202ac16.png  image.png.9f64040d6894a63becb23c90a9141b80.png    image.png.29eb48c360444b685f36b97841c7b5c5.png  image.png.12c6bcbb477301b03bb1a885466072c0.png  image.png.b3ffc3f2fed04e391b2fa6e3ef8294d8.png  etc.

Just my opinion, but I think the team has done (and continues to do) a praiseworthy job at (1) honoring (a) the software's multi-decade tradition, (b) its many and varied users, and (c) the flexibility of multiple needs and workflows (i.e., different categories of users/consumers) and (2) balancing the needs of many levels of newcomers (i.e., new to audio software, analog and digital recording/production, DAWs,  and Cakewalk specifically).

9 hours ago, Goodsound said:

. . . I am under the strong impression that an install app should be able to read out the configuration of your audio driver and to configure the same values were obviously necessary or open an window where it‘s asked which one.

Personally, I like that Cakewalk allows users to choose how to set up these parameters. 

Personally, it bothers me that Windows 10 sets up and makes changes against my wishes almost every time Windows 10 either updates itself or tries to update itself.

To me it shows that Cakewalk's developers care about their users experiences and customized workflow preferences.

Apologies if some users feel this is "off-topic," but I think it is a directly on-topic response to the OP's valid concerns.

I am not sure if there is a pop-up prompt that defaults to the opening of the "Get Started" wizard when there is a new-to-Cakewalk user. If not, perhaps it might help new users if the installer detected  new users and had a pop-up dialog that encouraged users to try the wizard--perhaps with some tool-tip/help buttons on each page of the wizard to explain the basis for the choices to be made.

In short, I think that if the OP did not know to use the wizard or found it lacking in details, more could be done to get new-comers on board, but at the same time, I don't feel it is a "bug" that Cakewalk allows users to configure the settings themselves.

Edited by User 905133
(2) various grammatical corrections; (1) to put the images in the correct order

8 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

I am not sure if there is a pop-up prompt that defaults to the opening of the "Get Started" wizard when there is a new-to-Cakewalk users. If not, perhaps it might help new users if the installer detected  new users and had a pop-up dialog that encouraged users to try the wizard--perhaps with some tool-tip/help buttons on each page of the wizard to explain the basis for the choices to be made.

The "Get Started" wizard runs when CbB is run for the first time.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, User 905133 said:

Honestly, I cannot remember if  I used that welcome wizard from which you posted screenshots. And it would helped when I stumbled across it. However I want to emphasize that I did not say that it was a bug that the system allows configuring settings myself (this is important), but that automatically choosen standard settings were different/inaccurate so that I wasn’t able to play music without harmonizing those settings. Because I am a noob I clicked yes on any proposed info like install path and so on, hence my setup problems.

6 hours ago, Goodsound said:

Because I am a noob I clicked yes on any proposed info like install path and so on, hence my setup problems.

21 hours ago, User 905133 said:

I believe the developers have been sensitive to the needs of non-long-term users as evidenced in part by the new user wizard: Help > Get Started . . . .

. . . if the OP . . . found [the wizard] lacking in details, more could be done to get new-comers on board . . . .

. . . it might help new users if the installer . . . had . . . some tool-tip/help buttons on each page of the wizard to explain the basis for the choices to be made.

Maybe my intent did not come across clearly enough.  Sorry. 

On 10/4/2020 at 9:12 AM, abacab said:

The proper forum for posting Cakewalk feedback is here: https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/forum/8-feedback-loop/

Your suggestion has a better chance of being seen by a Cakewalk employee over there.