exporting mp3 problem..... 07 file

Paul Bush

Hi chaps , this problem comes and goes , on finishing a song  all tracks are then marked then clicked on to export , name  ,etc  on clicking on export  , what comes on in the Audio  library  ..is a    07 file and then I up pops a window asking what type  of app I wish to open the file ie firefox , mediaplayer, O.K .but not on  Mp3 .....so after exporting the same project two maybe three times  I eventally get my MP3 as wished , but why does this sort of thing happen ? I´m confused .and not for the firs time  this month any comments would be helpfull cheers PB

Hi Nigel thats  what i do ans sometimes I get and 07 file not an MP3 in the Audio library , I had to export it three times before I got an MP3 although i didnt do aynthing differently ... it doesnt make sense .....cheers

Edited by Paul Bush

There is a longstanding problem with dots in a file name. The ".mp3" extension is left off when the program creates an mp3 file so the file shows up with an unexpected file extension. To avoid this do not use dots in project names or export file names (other than the one used to separate the file name from the file extension) or make sure to add ".mp3" to the file name on export.