What is your favorite genre every morning?

Selena Young

16 hours ago, Christian Jones said:

to me it sounds like a war march, which is apt as every day is a f'n battle where every day above ground is a pyrrhic victory

Life in a bubble my friend. Sounds like you need to try it. Works for me.

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, Tezza said:

"pyrrhic", I thought you had made a spelling mistake, new word for me, wish I had known about this word before, I have fought many a battle where the victory came at too greater cost to be considered worthwhile. Only learned my lesson after much bruising and scarring. Oh well, it made me the monster I am today, all good in the end. For those who would want to know:

pyrrhic

Pronounced: pɪrɪk

adjective

(of a victory) won at too great a cost to have been worthwhile for the victor.

Christian, that wake up music, man, that is morbid. Sounds like a death march.

Terence, glad I was there to teach you, son. Sorry they're still busting your b@lls over that whole vegan deal. You just need to catch you the red eye out here to Seattle and I'll grill you a proper steak and maybe a vegetable of your choice but probably not. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Christian Jones said:

Terence, glad I was there to teach you, son. Sorry they're still busting your b@lls over that whole vegan deal. You just need to catch you the red eye out here to Seattle and I'll grill you a proper steak and maybe a vegetable of your choice but probably not. 

Yes, I do plan on flying over to Coronasville at some time in the future, I want to hire one of those mobile campers and go trekking, just right now is not a good time for international travel. I could make you a spaghetti bolognese that you would not know is not meat based.  I've fooled others with it. Battles waged on this forum have been good training for my recent foray into politics. I was in a local pawn shop when I came across an illuminated painting of a wolf with a quote that struck me. I didn't buy the painting but I am negotiating with them on price, apparently it's a one off and part of a collection of similar illuminated paintings by the same painter. I did a mock up of it using a lion which I use for my desktop wallpaper and wake up to every morning:

987338022_Lionwisdom.jpg.0199a15dde992fdadd48a466bd82de87.jpg

I get the first two part's of the quote, never had trouble with those, but the third part is what I need to work on, especially in politics where it is all about the numbers.

Edited by Tezza