What is your favorite genre every morning?

Selena Young

Depends on what time I get up.

My bedroom radio is permanently tuned to a jazz and blues station. If I'm up before 6:00 AM, that's what I wake up to. It makes me feel positive about the coming day, and musically inspired.

But because it's an NPR affiliate, later in the morning they switch to news and features. I don't like waking up to the news, as it sets a dark mood for the day. Fortunately, I'm an early riser.

2 hours ago, bitflipper said:

Depends on what time I get up.

My bedroom radio is permanently tuned to a jazz and blues station. If I'm up before 6:00 AM, that's what I wake up to. It makes me feel positive about the coming day, and musically inspired.

But because it's an NPR affiliate, later in the morning they switch to news and features. I don't like waking up to the news, as it sets a dark mood for the day. Fortunately, I'm an early riser.

That sounds reasonable . . . whereas I listen to BBC all night in one earbud, and wake into NPR "Morning Edition" . . . and after all that horrific news throughout my dream state, I know the oncoming day must be better!

10 minutes ago, emeraldsoul said:

...after all that horrific news throughout my dream state, I know the oncoming day must be better!

And here I thought I was an optimist. 

You're like the kid in a barn full of sh*t who's happy because he's sure with all that sh*t there's gotta be a pony in there somewhere.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, bitflipper said:

You're like the kid in a barn full of sh*t who's happy because he's sure with all that sh*t there's gotta be a pony in there somewhere.

Or, he's always going to have a job.

1 hour ago, bitflipper said:

. . . and everything smells better once you leave the barn . . .

I can't be doing with any kind of music too early in the day. If I'm working, the radio goes on about 9am, local generic pop/rock station mostly for background noise as I probably don't even hear 60% of it anyway due to work noises (power tools and general crashing and banging)

I prefer talk as company when i have my morning coffe.

It's either news on the telly or an animated film on the childrens channel. I love animation, Pixar style.

Later on it could be anything from Chopin to Rammstein. Depending on what mood i'm in.

I wake every morning to my own personal theme song I wrote real quick a few years ago. That's right. I have it as the alarm on my phone. It's some type of imperial march thing, idk, but to me it sounds like a war march, which is apt as every day is a f'n battle where every day above ground is a pyrrhic victory

1 hour ago, Christian Jones said:

I wake every morning to my own personal theme song I wrote real quick a few years ago. That's right. I have it as the alarm on my phone. It's some type of imperial march thing, idk, but to me it sounds like a war march, which is apt as every day is a f'n battle where every day above ground is a pyrrhic victory

Ok, GAME OVER!  We have a winner!  😆

2 hours ago, Christian Jones said:

I wake every morning to my own personal theme song I wrote real quick a few years ago. That's right. I have it as the alarm on my phone. It's some type of imperial march thing, idk, but to me it sounds like a war march, which is apt as every day is a f'n battle where every day above ground is a pyrrhic victory.

"pyrrhic", I thought you had made a spelling mistake, new word for me, wish I had known about this word before, I have fought many a battle where the victory came at too greater cost to be considered worthwhile. Only learned my lesson after much bruising and scarring. Oh well, it made me the monster I am today, all good in the end. For those who would want to know:

pyrrhic

Pronounced: pɪrɪk

adjective

(of a victory) won at too great a cost to have been worthwhile for the victor.

Christian, that wake up music, man, that is morbid. Sounds like a death march.

7 hours ago, Tezza said:

pyrrhic

Pronounced: pɪrɪk

adjective

(of a victory) won at too great a cost to have been worthwhile for the victor.

And the moral of this is: never get into an argument with a vegan. 

• Haha 2