Focusrite/Novation: BLACK ROOSTER AUDIO

Sander Verstraten

Not sure if it is for Focusrite or Novation but:

We've teamed up with German developer Black Rooster Audio to offer you a superb tape emulation effect. From 9th July to 3rd September, you can download Magnetite for free, and get a huge discount on Black Rooster’s expansive Compressor Bundle.

Go to your account page for instructions to redeem your product.

• Thanks 5

Thanks. I had to create a BR account first and login after activating the account. Maybe try contacting their support Simon?

There also seem to be some other freebies in my BR account; The Canary, Cypress TT-15 and VHL-3C.

Edited by ZincT

support says 

"I can see that this eCoupon has been used already under a different account. Can you please get back to Focusrite for a new one?! Thank you."

they only went live yesterday....who knows 

the other freebies are free for everyone I think

EDIT

they just got back to me "technical issues" and have given me a new code :)

Edited by simon
  • Like 1

Ugh, I don't like their installation kind. It is a single DLL for all of their plugins (like Waves!) and their activation manager sounds also odd to me! And there is really spare information about their licensing and offline installation. I think I will pass to install it!

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, marled said:

It is a single DLL for all of their plugins (like Waves!)

If it was the case for Waves I would be so happy :)  Unfortunately we have zylion stupid Waves shells pushed into our disks so mindlessly.

When will they start to think people without ProTools are not interested in AAX??    

Or most of people are not interested in 32bit anymore??

Or maybe I would like to pick VST2 vs VST3 to avoid keeping both versions and increasing time of VST scans?

Guys!?  Seriously!  SIX posts and NO links?  What would Lars say??   (At least @Reid Rosefelt posted a video...)

https://focusrite.com/en/plugin-collective

https://blackroosteraudio.com/en/products/magnetite

Too bad for me - I bought this a few months ago when it was on sale at Audio Plugin Deals.   I got it because I like the VR-PRE73 so much.

If anyone is NOT on the collective and wants it for what I paid ($20), hit me up with a PM.  I don't need 2 copies.  🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I created a Black Rooster account and then got an error on the confirmation step. Can't login and can't start over because the email address I used to create the account is, of course, already "taken." Can anyone who has actually used this plugin tell me whether it's worth the bother of trying to get this straightened out? I'm about ready to give up.

After running their installer, all of my previous .dll-files were deleted and replaced with just: Black Rooster Audio.dll.  Okay, no problem if that's how they're doing it now.   But!  Now none of my previous plugins are detected in Cubase, including Magnetite.  Nice!

So what they're saying is: No plugins for you!  Come back one year.

20 minutes ago, locrian said:

After running their installer, all of my previous .dll-files were deleted and replaced with just: Black Rooster Audio.dll.  Okay, no problem if that's how they're doing it now.   But!  Now none of my previous plugins are detected in Cubase, including Magnetite.  Nice!

So what they're saying is: No plugins for you!  Come back one year.

Did you check the FAQ? I'm not sure but the notes on the Legacy VST Support option might be relevant.

https://blackroosteraudio.com/en/faq

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mibby said:

Guys!?  Seriously!  SIX posts and NO links?  What would Lars say??   (At least @Reid Rosefelt posted a video...)

he's only been away a few days....and left us all in charge of the place.........

I'm embarrassed...we better have a massive tidy up before he gets back or he's gonna be livid !

;)