Kontakt 6.3.1 update out (not a deal)

Matthew Sorrels

It appears NI broke something important in the new Kontakt 6.3.0 release the other day.  They have released a fast update to fix this problem.  So if you did update to Kontakt 6.3.0 you really need to get the new 6.3.1.  If you haven't updated, well now it's even better.  Run Native Access to get the update.

• Thanks 9

Thanks for the heads up Matthew.  I have been having some VERY WEIRD, I mean very weird problems with Kontakt misbehaving in CbB.  Praying that this takes care of it. Main problem is I've been unable to use Kontakt in multichannel mode, i.e. load several instruments.  For some bizarre reason mo matter how I set the MIDI channels, the first instrument is the only one that responds to the input.  Never had this before.

29 minutes ago, Keith Dunwoody said:

Thanks for the heads up Matthew.  I have been having some VERY WEIRD, I mean very weird problems with Kontakt misbehaving in CbB.  Praying that this takes care of it. Main problem is I've been unable to use Kontakt in multichannel mode, i.e. load several instruments.  For some bizarre reason mo matter how I set the MIDI channels, the first instrument is the only one that responds to the input.  Never had this before.

Kontakt 6.3.1 works very well for me in CbB, but so did previous versions as well (never tested 6.3.0 though). I take it that you have one MIDI track for each Kontakt instrument and then have set a unique channel in CbB for each MIDI track and the same channel set for each target instrument in Kontakt? Of course, you would also need to have the Input Echo turned on for the track you want to hear. See image below.

UKcB1RM.jpg

1 hour ago, Keith Dunwoody said:

I do know there have been reports of more issues with 6.3.1 and some Kontakt scripts on a few forums.  I suspect another patch is coming.  But I've not had any problems with multi-instrument Kontakt setups with any of these updates (and I'm using that a lot).  Generally problems with multi-instruments/multi-channel are project specific configuration/setup issues.  There are a lot of parts that have to be setup correctly or it doesn't work right.  You might want to start an empty project and add everything one track at a time by hand using simple instruments (the Kontakt library instruments) and see if you can reproduce the problem.  If you can't then it's something specific about your project.  Could be anything of course, MIDI routing in Cakewalk can be complicated.