One More Day Remix

garybrun

I have recently purchased an Apollo x8p and this is my first mix on the unit and I would value your thoughts and comments.

This song was written by @Grem and played by @Simeon Amburgey and sung by myself.
If the comments are good I will change the sound track to the video.

Thanks again.

Gary

P.s.  I have two songs that I have promised people I would record for them on here...  but I needed to learn what I was doing with the new equipment first.

• Like 4

Gary , What a performance ! You didn't just sing this one you really meant it. First half of the song I was impressed by how "Silky" your voice is , but by the 2nd half I got caught up in the way you let the emotion shine thru without trying to edit it out. Good call .. Can't comment on the mix , I was too involved listening to the vocals ,  it worked for me.  Fantastic job my friend ..  mark

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mark skinner said:

Gary , What a performance ! You didn't just sing this one you really meant it. First half of the song I was impressed by how "Silky" your voice is , but by the 2nd half I got caught up in the way you let the emotion shine thru without trying to edit it out. Good call .. Can't comment on the mix , I was too involved listening to the vocals ,  it worked for me.  Fantastic job my friend ..  mark

Thanks so much for the kind comments Mark.
Really appreciated,

Gary I listened to it on my home PC with some old Altec Lansing speakers. They are not bad speakers, but I wanted to hear it better so I moved up to my studio to listen to it on my monitors. Right off the bat I can hear more focus in the vocal. The delicate parts sound more 'soft', the strong parts still have power but aren't dominating. Simeon's piano sounds beautiful. I can hear much more detail in his playing. The climax sounds great. Clear and powerful. Then it drops back to the soft sound. I thought you did an excellent job on the first mix. But this mix I like better. Just sounds cleaner, focused and just a richness in the upper frequencies. And much more dimension. 

I did watch and listen to the video, and man... you did an excellent job on that video. Really touching.

Edited by Grem
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Grem said:

Gary I listened to it on my home PC with some old Altec Lansing speakers. They are not bad speakers, but I wanted to hear it better so I moved up to my studio to listen to it on my monitors. Right off the bat I can hear more focus in the vocal. The delicate parts sound more 'soft', the strong parts still have power but aren't dominating. Simeon's piano sounds beautiful. I can hear much more detail in his playing. The climax sounds great. Clear and powerful. Then it drops back to the soft sound. I thought you did an excellent job on the first mix. But this mix I like better. Just sounds cleaner, focused and just a richness in the upper frequencies. And much more dimension. 

I did watch and listen to the video, and man... you did an excellent job on that video. Really touching.

Thanks Grem.
Ill change the sound track to the video later and send you through a link to download the new copy.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, thegaltieribrothers said:

Hi Gary,

Lovely voice, you have a touch of the Willie Nelsons about you.

Great song with meaningful lyrics.

Thanks for sharing.

Good Job!

regards

paul

Many thanks Paul for the kind comments.
I didn't write this song.  Have to thank @Grem and @Simeon Amburgey for the musicianship.
It was a very hard song to sing as I couldn't keep the emotions back, but decided thats what it needed.
Thanks again.

Gary

• Like 1

I can only endorse the views of others - this was great first time around and this is even better. For me, it just lifts the vocals slightly and there's a little more separation in the mix. Great work all round - one of those songs that thumps you right in the chest. Andy

• Like 1