EXTENDED: Ampocalypse MAX - AmpliTube MAX as low as $/€99.99

Peter - IK Multimedia

On 7/9/2020 at 3:52 PM, ensconced said:

MAX has zero appeal for me because I already have everything Amplitube except the Leslie's.

As others have said, there is some good stuff in there, the Jet City, Z's to name 2, and some of the old stuff I find good, the American Vintage B (and it's mates) can sound pretty good with the Fulltone OCD in front, shut the Cab section down, quality 3rd party Cab IR, and tricked up a bit before and after Amplitube for example. But that's just to my ears, yours may tell a different story.

The Leslies are not in this pack?

So it’s looking to me, since I have jampoints to get it down to 70, this may be barely worth it to me. Given that I’m on the fence , do you guys think there is any added advantage to having  “MAX” for future upgrade or deals purposes?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LAGinz said:

So it’s looking to me, since I have jampoints to get it down to 70, this may be barely worth it to me. Given that I’m on the fence , do you guys think there is any added advantage to having  “MAX” for future upgrade or deals purposes?

i am not sure. there has been no word on any IKM summer group buy yet. Max is 70% old AT 3 plugins and effects I think. I think one needs to wait for a release statement on when  (or if!) AT 5 gets released. Not sure about anything. The guitar VST market is so bloody crowded. IKM are going to have to start making a MAX package deal with elements of Tracks or other product lines to compete. And then there is also the very strong rumor possibility  that NI are going to come in swinging with a new version of Guitar Rig. That is going to heat up the guitar VST  market space.

Edited by telecode 101

Yeah, there have been a ton of new amp sim plugins released since Amplitube 4 came out. IK will have to pull out something special for 5 if they want to compete. Last time they released 4 amps with Amplitube (the Marshalls) and it came with a few older Sims from 3 or even before that. That won't be enough for 5. They'd need to update some of the older stuff or add something bigger to hit sales like I'm guessing 4 did.

1 hour ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Yeah, there have been a ton of new amp sim plugins released since Amplitube 4 came out. IK will have to pull out something special for 5 if they want to compete. Last time they released 4 amps with Amplitube (the Marshalls) and it came with a few older Sims from 3 or even before that. That won't be enough for 5. They'd need to update some of the older stuff or add something bigger to hit sales like I'm guessing 4 did.

gimme just something smooth like amp room or something else as a playground and i'm ok ... 

Ampire from presonus or Mercurial let you see in one pages stomps, amp , cabinets ect .....so i would love to see panels that you can open or close on demand ect ....

Like Amps center , stomps left (or upper)  , cabs / room right , racks in bottom with mics mixer and selection

Edited by Zo
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

i am not sure. there has been no word on any IKM summer group buy yet. Max is 70% old AT 3 plugins and effects I think. I think one needs to wait for a release statement on when  (or if!) AT 5 gets released. Not sure about anything. The guitar VST market is so bloody crowded. IKM are going to have to start making a MAX package deal with elements of Tracks or other product lines to compete. And then there is also the very strong rumor possibility  that NI are going to come in swinging with a new version of Guitar Rig. That is going to heat up the guitar VST  market space.

I'm really skeptical about Guitar Rig 6.  Guitar Rig 5 came out in 2011 (?) and the added amp models weren't competitive even back then.   I've seen a lot of references to job postings at NI over the years which mention GR, but not a lot of deliverables.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Zo said:

The princeton and another one ... don t ask me why ...

It's a '57 Champ. 

I thought that those two models came out before the Fender Collections came out, but they both have patches which contain effects from the Fender 1 collection.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Magic Russ said:

I'm really skeptical about Guitar Rig 6.  Guitar Rig 5 came out in 2011 (?) and the added amp models weren't competitive even back then.   I've seen a lot of references to job postings at NI over the years which mention GR, but not a lot of deliverables.

And the most recent version, v5.2.2, was released in June, 2016.

The first item in the change log? REMOVING outdated hardware drivers. Just one reason I broke down and bought A4Max.

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Grem said:

There are some gems in the Rack section of AT. The Fulltone chorus is one of them.

I can see why some would want to run a synth/vocals through it. 

True , the fender and dimbag are also great , i really hope ik will release like waves a pedals board componnent and rack to be use used alone ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zo said:

True , the fender and dimbag are also great , i really hope ik will release like waves a pedals board componnent and rack to be use used alone ...

Yes agreed. It's really a shame to keep those locked into AT. All those effects are stand alone plugins!!

2 hours ago, Grem said:

There are some gems in the Rack section of AT. The Fulltone chorus is one of them.

I can see why some would want to run a synth/vocals through it. 

electric and dx pianos... it's a missed opportunity that we can't run a stereo signal through the fulltone because all vsti use stereo output nowadays and collapsing to mono is a pita in such case

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

AmpliTube has routing options that are stereo, including stereo input.

Peter, I couldn't find it. All I have found is that if I select any of the stereo routing then either I have to pick a separate instance of TERC for each of the L/R side which makes no sense for a chorus, or the stereo signal is collapsed before entering rack module, which cancels any previous stereo effects. Could you please give a hint? I'm sitting in front of my amplitube now again fiddling with the settings... Cheers

EDIT: any chance to see Fulltone as T-racks modules?

Edited by chris.r
  • Great Idea 1

5 hours ago, chris.r said:

Peter, I couldn't find it. All I have found is that if I select any of the stereo routing then either I have to pick a separate instance of TERC for each of the L/R side which makes no sense for a chorus, or the stereo signal is collapsed before entering rack module, which cancels any previous stereo effects. Could you please give a hint? I'm sitting in front of my amplitube now again fiddling with the settings... Cheers

EDIT: any chance to see Fulltone as T-racks modules?

Use the routing matrix in the upper left hand corner, then the pans in the mixer. There is both options for stereo input and output.  I've demonstrated in the GIF below. Notice options 2 & 6 offer the option to switch between multi mono and stereo.

If you're looking for a delay with stereo output, check out the RACK Digital Delay model. This offers a basic stereo option,  doubler option, LCR, LR, and mono option.

Example1.gif

Edited by Ryan IK Multimedia
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1