EXTENDED: Ampocalypse MAX - AmpliTube MAX as low as $/€99.99

Peter - IK Multimedia

I don't really get the appeal of Amplitube Max. And I'm someone that really likes Amplitube.

Thing is, I have Amplitube 4, Orange, both Fender 1 and 2, Ampeg 1 and 2, Mesa/Boogie,

Really all Max gives me is a bunch of super old stuff modeled like, what? Ten years ago? Also, most of those old amps are just old models of stuff in the newer bundles like Fender and Mesa.

If they actually updated this stuff it might be appealing. As of now it just seems like a waste.

8 minutes ago, RSMcGuitar said:

I don't really get the appeal of Amplitube Max. And I'm someone that really likes Amplitube.

Thing is, I have Amplitube 4, Orange, both Fender 1 and 2, Ampeg 1 and 2, Mesa/Boogie,

Really all Max gives me is a bunch of super old stuff modeled like, what? Ten years ago? Also, most of those old amps are just old models of stuff in the newer bundles like Fender and Mesa.

If they actually updated this stuff it might be appealing. As of now it just seems like a waste.

Don' t judge by the age , one of the best amps sim is softube vintage amp when it come to Vox 30 , the max gets you the Z amps witch are killas , one fender that is one of the most balanced (don't know why it's not in the fender collection) and you ll have all the ampegs and bass stuff witch are exellent ...i do think even with what you got it's worth , but iwas even better to get the whiole studio at 149 euros not long time ago !!

If i get it it's because i have some credits sleeping since a while  ...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Not quite. Max includes Engl, Soldano, Jet City, Wampler, and then some.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RSMcGuitar said:

MAX has zero appeal for me because I already have everything Amplitube except the Leslie's.

As others have said, there is some good stuff in there, the Jet City, Z's to name 2, and some of the old stuff I find good, the American Vintage B (and it's mates) can sound pretty good with the Fulltone OCD in front, shut the Cab section down, quality 3rd party Cab IR, and tricked up a bit before and after Amplitube for example. But that's just to my ears, yours may tell a different story.

• Like 1

I know it's not the best forum for this question but since I only visit this recently and you, who know Amplitube better than me, are here too... is there a way to send a stereo signal to Fulltone's TERC (the Tri-something chorus) in Amplitube? I only found a mono-in. Thanks.

Chose for exemple chain 2 , then  select stereo instead of mono (before the tuner box )  ... then  be sur to select amp B and cab B to and copy / past from A settings once selcted the right amp and cab , a simple duplicate button would have been killa , but i really hoe Amplitube 5 will make setero easier ...i leterrally bougth every other brand for that matter since i amp synths , voices ect ...

image.png.7bb6ccbe3f3659f37e191c7006e83264.png

• Like 3

Thanks @Zo, TERC chorus is a rack module. Yes, I can see a copy/paste now but that would mean one instance would modulate the left and another the right channel, separately. But what about the stereo image, will both instances work perfectly in phase? I'm not sure I liked what I hear. I spent a lot time trying to figure out the way to send stereo signal to a single TERC instance, and searching the manual, with no luck. Will test more tomorrow.

1 hour ago, chris.r said:

Thanks @Zo, TERC chorus is a rack module. Yes, I can see a copy/paste now but that would mean one instance would modulate the left and another the right channel, separately. But what about the stereo image, will both instances work perfectly in phase? I'm not sure I liked what I hear. I spent a lot time trying to figure out the way to send stereo signal to a single TERC instance, and searching the manual, with no luck. Will test more tomorrow.

Try other routing there s another one stereo , but yep i feel you , softube went with amp room in that direction where you can do anything you want , didn t made the jump gor cpu and i m waiting to see amplitube 5 . 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ensconced said:

shut the Cab section down, quality 3rd party Cab IR, and tricked up a bit

Is this essential to improve tone with Amplitube 4?

I tried using it recently and all my tones were sounding very thin, whether used clean or with gain. I was mostly using presets.

Next I tried cycling through all the amps but it showed no improvement. Wondering if I was doing something wrong there.

15 hours ago, Zo said:

...i leterrally bougth every other brand for that matter since i amp synths , voices ect ...

exactly, I was buying fulltone with putting this beautiful chorus over my rhodes and dx pianos in mind but they are vsts and are supposed to be treated as stereo sound generators and only after the purchase I discovered that this scenario has probably not been considered for Amplitube :( what a bummer

Edited by chris.r

7 hours ago, Kal S said:

Is this essential to improve tone with Amplitube 4?

I tried using it recently and all my tones were sounding very thin, whether used clean or with gain. I was mostly using presets.

Next I tried cycling through all the amps but it showed no improvement. Wondering if I was doing something wrong there.

Yes, to my ears it gives a more 'Amp Like' tone, not that the Cab Room thing in Amplitube is bad or anything, it's quite good, I just prefer the sound with 3rd party IR's in most cases. I don't think it would fix your issue though, it could even make it worse.

• Thanks 1

On 7/9/2020 at 1:29 PM, Zo said:

Don' t judge by the age , one of the best amps sim is softube vintage amp when it come to Vox 30 , the max gets you the Z amps witch are killas , one fender that is one of the most balanced (don't know why it's not in the fender collection) and you ll have all the ampegs and bass stuff witch are exellent ...i do think even with what you got it's worth , but iwas even better to get the whiole studio at 149 euros not long time ago !!

If i get it it's because i have some credits sleeping since a while  ...

Which Fender not in the Collections , Zo?