How To Emulate Keith Emerson's Synth

Ricebug

I have all these synth plugins but I cannot, for the life of me, find the sound that resurrects that thick, sliding, analog signature sound of ELP! Anyone have any suggestions? Been fooling around with Monark, which comes close, but I need a real synth head. I'm mostly a Lee Michaels copycat.

The Tracktion Collective synth (bundled with Waveform) has a number of very good "moogy" synth leads based on ELP and Yes songs, by sound designer Dave Polich.

There is one called "Luckiest Man", as well as "Fanfare Lead", Karneval Lead", and "Welcome Back". :D

He seems to have created the  lead sound of Lucky Man with 3 detuned pulse oscillators and a low pass filter, and the others mostly with a pair of detuned saws and a low pass filter. For his "Classic Mini" lead, he uses a pair of saw waves and one pulse wave. And he always uses a legato glide for his leads.  Then some light EQ, a bit of delay and reverb.

I was gonna say a moog modular but lucky man was done on the first Mini moog in the wild.  Mr moog sent him one during the lucky man sessions.  But no software is going to sound exactly like a moog, but you can get close.  The lucky man front panel sheet used to be around on the internet.