Have to shut Cake to play something on desktop or web SOLVED

Have just updated Cake by BL and now I have to shut it down to play something on the desktop or web.  Before I could just minimize it.  Still can in the music suite (which I don't think I've updated recently) but not the voice over suite.

Another hitch is that I just also update the firmware in my EVO 4 as well...and have sent them a similar heads up.

Anyone else experiencing this??

Or, as per usual, is it just something I'm too dim-witted to figure out?

Edited by Steve Patrick
problem solved

Hello! I don't think it has anything to do with the latest update. If you work with an ASIO driver and Cakewalk is open ... you can't play or use another application on your computer ... That's why Cakewalk invented Wasapi shared mode ... you can use more applications audio at once ...

I had this very issue after the latest Windows 10 update (v2004) . This was one of those major updates where it puts many of your defaults back to Windows own version of it's preferred defaults, regardless of your audio needs. Took me a while to find it, but like scook says, find that drop down menu where Windows audio driver displays the sample rate, make sure it's the same as your CbB.

I am able to run CbB in Asio 24 bit . . . while Windows uses WDM 24 bit. (I believe Windows update 2004 put that back to 16 bit)

Now, once again I can have CbB open, and still hear audio in browsers and media players.

Yup...that was it.  The update had set all the default Windows audio settings back and the sample rates were miss-matched...plus, and probably just as important...the "exclusive" settings were turned on which can lock the audio to a single device.  I re-set the sample rates in both the EVO and Windows and un-clicked the exclusive settings and I'm running hot straight and normal again.  Thanks for all the info!