Tyler Cline

My sounds are clipped after rendering

Question

When ever I render in any format, the resulting file as all the sounds cut off after the attack. My ram is doing just fine when I check (I have 32 gigs) and my cpu isn't struggling. Is there a setting or something that may be causing this? None of this is recorded live, they are all vst's. When I exported similar tracks in reaper as an experiment it didn't do this which makes me think it's the software. I've attached a recording.

Menu.mp3

3 answers to this question

If you share a picture of your export settings it might help people trouble shoot this with you.  What are the levels you are seeing on the main bus when you play it in real-time?  Are you exporting the main bus output or something else?

So I think I fixed it. I checked the box marked "64 bit double precision engine" and it has exported properly since. What does that do and do you know why it fixed my problem?

The 64 bit double precision engine increases the bit size of the sample representation and should theoretically reduce any rounding errors in internal processing of the data.

I can not imagine how that could possibly fix your problem.