Apology - I Forgot Which Forum I Was On

bayoubill

2 minutes ago, S.L.I.P. said:

That's one of the features that I love about Reaper. I think they've had that for a few years. 

That's cool. I can't say anything bad about Reaper. It's a decent DAW and seems to have a lot of adaptability in addition to a very reasonable pricing structure.

Can't tell you how many times I've mixed down through the master to realize later it went through ARC or Sonarworks by accident.

Lots of other options out there. The thing I have found is I tend to think I'll use something, buy it and then it sits collecting dust. Will the listener ever know what was used? Likely not.

25 minutes ago, bayoubill said:

$149 for the upgrade so that pretty much counts me out. 

it's only logical  then I let you know I don't have any Studio One version / user eggs peer Ian's. 

Edited by Sheens

4 hours ago, bayoubill said:

Till then I’ll have to suffer Studio One 5 envy 

I recall you asking about Studio One 4, that wasn't that long ago, did you purchase new, and if so how long ago?

I have read that there is a 90 day grace period, if you purchased within the last 90 days you get 5 for free.

I feel like Studio One Artist is the real winner of this upgrade cycle, with the VST/AU/ReWire support coming for free in the base product, esp. when you can get it [for free] when you buy an Audio Interface.

Going to make it harder for me to recommend Cakewalk by BandLab to newbies/upstarts.  That was usually an easy way to get them to try Cakewalk, even when they had access to SO Artist (from buying a PreSonus AudioBox, etc.).

Personally, I do too much orchestral to bother.  When I tried Studio One Pro (4.x), the performance was really not up to par with a large template.  It bogged down quite a bit, and stability took a hit.  Projects and Templates that Cubase would load in 5 seconds took [comparatively] forever in Studio One.  It didn't like the large track counts...

Edited by Trensharo

1 hour ago, pwalpwal said:

i skipped v4 so i've splashed out on this one, looking forward to diving in

4 brought a lot to the table and dug its heels in with ARA2 integration (chord track specifically), so you will be busy for a while with new features.

2 minutes ago, mettelus said:

4 brought a lot to the table and dug its heels in with ARA2 integration (chord track specifically), so you will be busy for a while with new features.

yeah dunno when i'll find the time! that's why i skipped 4 lol