Apology - I Forgot Which Forum I Was On

bayoubill

6 minutes ago, bayoubill said:

I don't know anything about Twitter. Wouldn't know how

I did call Sweetwater and told one of the reps there all about it. He couldn't believe I haven't  gotten the upgrade.

He's going to pass it on the one of the department heads and they're going to call me. Those guys at Sweetwater are great

I hope that does the trick and you get the free upgrade that you should get.

One of the guys from Sweetwater called after being told the situation. He said he read the paperwork on Presonus purchase policies and my invoice. He and Sweetwater Support are going to call their contacts at Presonus and try to fix the situation and  at the least I should have the Studio One Artist 5 upgrade for free as advertised

He hope he is successful!

I finally heard back from Presonus! 

They gave me a list of instructions which btw were the same instructions that were sent by email. They did apologize for the inconviennce and all i have to do is follow their instructions. They also listed the problems dealing with my issue and the dates that they  were fixed. They also mentioned there is a grace period for redeeming Studio One 5 Artist.  I'm really tempted to post what they sent but there is a disclaimer that all the material covered is the property of Presonus

So I'm back to ground ZERO

Edited by bayoubill

This is the statement that Presonus says  disqualifies me for the free upgrade to Studio One 5 Artist

Note:  If you registered a copy of Studio One 4 Artist OEM or Studio One Professional OEM during the grace period, we are sorry but you are not eligible for an upgrade.

This says OR not AND
I doesn't say AND OR

I have proven I bought Studio One 4 Artist and NOT an OEM copy

but that doesn't matter case closed

I also recieved an email from a Presonus sales rep. Apparently because of the line  "If you registered a copy of Studio One 4 Artist OEM or Studio One Professional OEM during the grace period, we are sorry but you are not eligible for an upgrade."  I'm not elegible for ANY upgrade prices from Studio One 4 now because I have an OEM version of Studio One 4

Edited by bayoubill

This is like buying a brand new model of a car then a little later you get a used car of the same model and having them say your warranty is null and void because you replaced your new car warranty with the old car warranty

Is it me? 

when I bought Sonar Platinum it didn't replace or overwrite everything pertaining to Sonar X3. It was separate.  

Looks like any new version of Studio One completely removes any other version from your PC

I have no trace on my PC of Studio One 4  Artist. When I installed Studio One 4 Pro it was gone

Edited by bayoubill