Apology - I Forgot Which Forum I Was On

bayoubill

I see why they're not responding. On MYPersonus , the  date on Studio One Artist 4  is 26 Apr 2019. THAT IS WRONG

I purchased it 26 Apr 2020 

I told them that in the beginning 

anyone have any ideas where to go from here?

10 minutes ago, bayoubill said:

I see why they're not responding. On MYPersonus , the  date on Studio One Artist 4  is 26 Apr 2019. THAT IS WRONG

Try to contact them again, tell them the date is wrong, and that you have an email receipt to prove it? If they can fix the purchase date, you might be able to use the button on MY PreSonus?

You could also try their forum (though I'm not sure their staff use that forum), and/or twitter?

Edited by antler

1 minute ago, antler said:

Try to contact them again, tell them the date is wrong, and that you have an email receipt to prove it? If they can fix the purchase date, you might be able to use the button on MY PreSonus?

You could also try their forum (though I'm not sure their staff use that forum), and/or twitter?

Thanks!!! I'll do that

27 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

I'm impressed you count and you have a book being from the South Bill  (JK)  😃

I have you know I have on several okshuns stated that I have taken spedreaden coarses to impove my redding!

And I own 2 books!!!

• Haha 1

This all would be much easier if I didn't have pnemonia. Half way through the antibotics but still feeling pretty bad. Doc wanted to stick me in the hospital but I told her my Daugher was bring my new Grandson to see me the next day from a long way off.  As it turns out she changed her mind when she found out I was sick. then I found out I only own 2 books then all this started!  

2 hours ago, InstrEd said:

Anyone who has SO5 try out the built in notation yet and can report on it pretty please 🙏

I have not, cuz I ain't a score keeping kind of guy, but I watched the groove3 video about it and it looks pretty slick.

Also, I've not used CbB's staff view either, so I can't really compare.

Haven't used the built in notation  yet.

I was really looking forward to the new keyswitch feature but it's not doing what I think it should be doing. I put in the keyswitch and it does its articulation on a note, but the switch doesn't shut off. Instead it stays on and applies the articulation to all the subsequent notes, not what I'm used to seeing. Anyone else tried this out yet?

7 hours ago, bayoubill said:

Don't you have an Email receipt?

10 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

I was really looking forward to the new keyswitch feature but it's not doing what I think it should be doing. I put in the keyswitch and it does its articulation on a note, but the switch doesn't shut off. Instead it stays on and applies the articulation to all the subsequent notes, not what I'm used to seeing. Anyone else tried this out yet?

I've not used it, but the behaviour you're describing is how keyswitches in the other instruments I've used (Kontakt instruments, GPO) work. From the instruments I've used, it's quite rare that articulations only last for the duration of the keypress.

13 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

Haven't used the built in notation  yet.

2 hours ago, antler said:

I've not used it, but the behaviour you're describing is how keyswitches in the other instruments I've used (Kontakt instruments, GPO) work. From the instruments I've used, it's quite rare that articulations only last for the duration of the keypress.

Agreed. Based on the groove3 video I would say that what you did not do was "stop" the key switched articulation.

Just so everyone knows if not already, its not compatible with Window 7 or 8. It will only run on Windows 10. The new midi editor looks good and adds a bit of color which I feel Studio 1  is lacking. Its catching up with Cakewalk as many of the features added have long being in Cakewalk. If  Bandlab could now update a few of its features it will be great. The audio engine is still an issue  in cakewalk with drop outs especially with 3rd party plugins.. Big upgrade price and not really worth it  as I feel it should be still a 4.6  update. Also the web servers crashing and saying "you crashed the server was a pretty lame excuse which peed.. off may users. If you like  updates go for it otherwise wait for a new release or a patch as I am sure it also has loads of bugs.

4 hours ago, antler said:

Some keyswitches stay on but I think most of them only stay on for duration of keypress. In SO1 5 if the Vst has embedded keyswitch articulations then the keyswitch always stays on until you change it. Which doesn't work for things like slide keyswitches where you want it to disengage when you take your finger off the key.

Example
Load Presence Nylon Guitar
Play some notes then hit the A0 key to make a slide
The A0 key stays engaged and now every note you play slides, which is not the behavior I'm used to seeing.