Apology - I Forgot Which Forum I Was On

bayoubill

Cents I spent all my money just getting Studio One 4  I can’t afford version 5

but that’s not important right now. 
How is it if you have it and how is it better?

Edited by bayoubill
You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time

Initial report from James Foxhall is there's not musch difference in the look and feel, so that is good.

The biggest change IMO is the integration of Notion 7 into Studio One Pro Version 5. So I imagine it's the equivalent of CbB's staff view.

31 minutes ago, bayoubill said:

Cents I spent all my money just getting Studio One 4  I can’t afford version 5

😮    Ohhhhhhh........ 

On first reading I thought Bill had gone and used the worst word of all there (allegedly).

Spend that money on something else. I am sure version 4 is more than good enough to create great music with. New versions and features all the time tends to get more focus that doing the actual thing the software is intended for in the first place, creating music. From what I have heard version 4 is liked by lots of people so I am sure you are sitting pretty with that one for years to come. Buy a beer or two instead and get inspired to create with what you have :)

• Great Idea 1

49 minutes ago, Bapu said:

The biggest change IMO is the integration of Notion 7 into Studio One Pro Version 5. So I imagine it's the equivalent of CbB's staff view.

If it is anything like the full features of Notion, then it is much much better than CbB's staff view.

On the other hand I already have Notion, and that would be the only new feature that would tempt me it I did not.  

Just a few things that you "might" consider important. 

- A new separate monitoring channel . Comes in very handy for monitor and headphone correction software. The old way involved remembering to disengage the  correction before you went to master.

- The new "performance page" is a cross between a DAW and  a play list editor/arranger. You can arrange songs, add backing tracks and  do DAW things like add automation or play a vsti while the tracks are playing. You can use the page for stems of a pre made house mix as well. More songs based than loops based.

- Integrated notation ability. Not like the simple notation players in most DAWs...it's a bit deeper than that. I am glad they added this because I hated going between two programs all the time.

- Improved automation editing. I haven't investigated this one too far yet but it looks very interesting.

-Facelifted plugins with added enhancements...for instance the EQ now sports several graphics representations of the frequencies including a piano keyboard correlation. All plugins have side chain.

-A new subscription at 14.95 a month that gives you everything Presonus. Not a shabby deal for those who can't cough up the full amount to buy the DAW and I'm not really a fan of subscriptions. This includes ALL programs loops and libraries from Presonus....so for 14.95 a month a person could be knee deep in anything they need to make a project immediately.

When added to the existing feature set i.e. a separate mastering page that can tag tracks, chord arranger, cross platform and hardware integration . It's something a person who is shopping for a DAW would probably take a second look at.

I'll always love and use CbB. Many of us use more than one DAW. I think this is a worthy addition. 

Edited by Starise

9 minutes ago, slartabartfast said:

If it is anything like the full features of Notion, then it is much much better than CbB's staff view.

On the other hand I already have Notion, and that would be the only new feature that would tempt me it I did not.  

I've not tried it yet, but I read (on the internests, beware) that it's a subset of Notion.

Composers and arrangers will appreciate Studio One 5’s new dedicated Score View for the Note Editor. Based on PreSonus’ Notion music composition and notation software, the new Score View is available on its own or as a companion side-by-side view with the Piano and Drum views, allowing users to enter, view, and edit notes in standard music notation.

The Score View is available per track, so you can edit note data in Score View on one track while using Piano or Drum View on other tracks. Any number of tracks can be viewed simultaneously, so you can work on just one melody line or on chords over an entire orchestral section at once. Notes can be entered manually, in real-time or step recording modes. A basic set of musical symbols is provided, and the symbols directly control playback, allowing you to add tremolos, crescendos, and more and hear it all in real time.

Does anyone know if SO5 allows installation on more than one computer with one license? I would like to put it on my laptop as well.

Also, I need to dig a bit more. Were new video codecs added? I figure since they  added some Notion integration maybe they updated the video end of it?

51 minutes ago, Starise said:

Does anyone know if SO5 allows installation on more than one computer with one license? I would like to put it on my laptop as well.

Also, I need to dig a bit more. Were new video codecs added? I figure since they  added some Notion integration maybe they updated the video end of it?

It allows installation on 5 computers with one license.

58 minutes ago, Starise said:

You are allowed up to 5 simultaneous computer activations, just like all version of SO.