For all those whos TTS-1 and or Dim Pro is crashing

I have been doing some research nand tracked down the problem. I am using east west hollywood backup singers. If you insert east west PLAY before inserting TTS-1 it will crash TTS-1. If you put in TTS-1 FIRST and then east west play it works flawlessly. Same for dim pro. I think the smart play is to get all your tracks done and THEN put in your east west PLAY last you should be good to go. Doesnt matter if you freeze east west play or not. As long as the VST is loaded it will kill TTS-1 and Dim pro every time on most systems/ I am using X1 producer

Edited by rick761953

7 hours ago, rick761953 said:

I am using X1 producer

Just as another data point, I've been using Cakewalk by BandLab for a couple of years now and TTS-1 is the default instrument in every project template I have that includes a MIDI track. TTS-1 has never crashed on me.

Why are you working with older, unsupported software when you could be using a fully-compatible updated, supported version at no cost?

• Great Idea 1

I've learn something about TTS and V-Vocal. Add TTS early in the project and as many instances as you think you will need and do your V-Vocal tweaks before you start building up the track with effects. Otherwise, it's crash city with no fix in sight. I've learn - don't expect to add TTS or use V-Vocal late in the project. Grief will ensue.

If I have a project that I've built up with a lot of tracks and effects, I have to copy the audio to a new project to get V-Vocal to not crash. I usually copy one instrument track with the audio so I have a pitch reference. 

I've spent countless hours with problem projects trying to figure out what is going on. I've started deleting effects, freezing tracks, merging tracks and nothing works. I've play with just about every setting, switched audio interfaces, different PC's, slaughtered a goat, nothing works. Once either TTS or V-Vocal decide to not work, they will never work in that project no matter how much you delete/remove/change/pray/dance ...

Edited by Terry Kelley

TTS-1 has always been solid in on my systems, but I have another question: if it's as crash-y and touchy as you say, why keep using it in your projects?

XPand!2 is on what appears to be permanent discount for $15 at Pluginboutique. I've never heard of anyone having trouble with it in Cakewalk, and it comes with over 2,000 sounds.

TTS-1 is really the only solution in the box for opening up multi-timbral General Midi (GM) song files...

And it usually does that quite well. However, I would use other sound sources if I was creating something from scratch though...

AIR Xpand!2 is a good budget  starting point for sketching a new composition. Quite a variety of instruments, and the quality usually exceeds that of TTS-1.  It even offers 4 part multi-timbral use. Not GM, though. But insert 4 instances, and you have 16 channels of MIDI to work with.

• Like 2