East West - Play/Installation Center updated

Greg

2 hours ago, chris.r said:

um... is there anything urgent in the update that could make me want to update Play? oh, I may search for the info as well... thanks

No Details on EastWest's downloads page http://www.soundsonline.com/Support?section=updates

They usually list something...
 Maybe they'll update it with more info later.  Maybe they just want to remind everyone of their current sale (up to 60% off). 

The following is all they list.

PLAY 6.1.9

• PLAY 6.1.9 upgrade is for Mac users running OS X 10.7 or higher, and for Windows users running 7 and above.
  • PLAY 6.1.9 is now available for free to all EastWest customers. If you are a current PLAY 6 user please use the Installation Center to get your update.
Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

Maybe they'll update it with more info later.  Maybe they just want to remind everyone of their current sale (up to 60% off). 

Thanks. Is this one of those sales where upgrades are excluded... as usual?

10 minutes ago, chris.r said:

Thanks. Is this one of those sales where upgrades are excluded... as usual?

If you haven't gotten around to upgrading Play 6 - it's now free.
Other upgrades? No idea, I haven't been tracking prices.

12 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

So few EastWest sales include upgrades, you really shouldn't be all that surprised.  I can only think of two in the last 4 years.

Well then mathematically, of these 2 chances for upgrade, I should have one within the next two years 😂😂🤣

Edited by chris.r

8 hours ago, chris.r said:

Well then mathematically, of these 2 chances for upgrade, I should have one within the next two years 😂😂🤣

Given the state of the world I think it's fair to say that past sales patterns are unlikely to hold this fall/winter/Christmas.    Which certainly may help get a reasonable deal out of EastWest, but I wouldn't hold my breath.  They seem to be focused on selling the subscription (and overpricing everything to make that more valuable).