Unable to export to audio

James R

Hi guys,

I am new to this and have recently switch to Cakewalk by Bandlab.  Read and learn from forum, youtube and websites. i was able to connect it with my keyboard and record, save it as cakewalk bundle and midi. recording is clear and can be heard . 

Problem is when i tried to export to audio, the option not highlighting and not available to me. same as when to import, but in import all other option are available (video, midi, audio CD) except for audio.

attached is the screenshot of my 1 month predicament and headache. Please help.  Appreciate for any imput on this. thanks again

Details

Software : Cakewalk by bandlab  version 2019.11 (build 54, 64 bit)

Windows : Windows 10 Pro

Hardware: Dell Latitude E6320

Intel Core i7-2640M, 6GB memory, onboard High Definition sound device

Cakewalk.jpg

You may need to click somewhere in the Track window to activate that view, then as suggested above, Press keys Ctrl+A (Windows Shortcut for Select All) then select Export > Options there will be further options in the Dialog box that opens in regard to file name and type etc

In any case when exporting to Audio, you need to select at least one track or highlight a section of a track by click and drag select. Hope that helps.

Hi Martin & Michael,

i did try it by either selecting 1 track, select all or drag and select a portion of that recorded midi but to no avail. any other ideas? plug ins? preferences that i haven't tick? 

Thanks again. Appreciate the input.

It may be the audio is coming from outside the DAW and not a soft synth in the DAW. External audio sources must be recorded into the project before they will export.

What is the MIDI track output setting?